How many miles will we get out of our Yukons / Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '04 Tahoe is still going strong at 147k mi. I pull a bass boat a few times/month for up to 80 mi roundtrip and have since I bought the truck with 15 k mi on it. Replaced water pump last summer. Change oil every 3k and fluids and filters as stated in the owner's manual. I am encouraged by this thread. Hoping to get 250k mi out of it.
I am the OP and this thread has inspired me, too! It reinforces that these vehicles, if properly maintained and not abused, can really go high mileage (250+). My local shop told me that they have seen several Yukons/Tahoes go upwards of 350K... of course, they need repairs along the way, but nothing outrageous if cared for. You'll notice that someone on this thread has 356K and still going strong... that's amazing!

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2000 yukon xl with 356,00

I have 356,000 miles on my 2000 yukon xl. Original motor and tranny. Best value ever, recently repared cross member strut bushings, wheel bearings and rear brakes. Still runs awesome.

We had a '91 1500 4x4 Suburban that went 348k miles before we parked it.
We basically wore the axles off it.
My dad drove it 44 miles 5 days a week for work.
At the time, our finances wouldn't support getting it fixed.
Only things that needed any work on it was some of the emissions equipment and maybe some vacuum lines.
Original more and transmission.

3721947655_593fa15c89_o.jpg P4033342s.JPG

Filthy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I own a small used car lot. I specialize in pre owned Trucks/SUVs. I will tell you, that approx. 50% of my sold inventory consists of 07-09 Tahoes/Yukons/Denali/Escalades. Interestingly enough, as it relates to this "mileage" thread, my sweet spot is really 07-08 models with anywhere between 180k miles to 225k miles. These vehicles drive trains are bullet proof, and are an extremely good bang for the buck vehicle. Im starting to see a ton of 07-08 models with mileage in the 250k + range, and they sell quickly. At auction, there is typically several dealers fighting over/bidding up even these high mileage Tahoes/Yukons. So, not only do they hold up well past 200K miles...there is still a very strong market for them, when the time to sell them comes.

Oh! And every single one I have ever seen has a cracked dash! EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
174,000 on my '08 (purchased with 146,000) and I'm confident that it'll go another 100,000 if I kill the AFM before it kills the motor. The trans feels fine and I don't think it has ever towed anything, at least nothing big. I believe the '07-'14 engines can be every bit as reliable as the pre-AFM engines ('99-'06) if the AFM is removed. As sensitive as the AFM lifters are to oil viscosities and sludge, I'd never run any oil weight other than what the manufacturers specify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968