How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took the 2017 on a 450 mile drive and it couldn't have been better. It doesn't even buffet with only one back window down at speed. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't do that in Virginia. 20 mph over or 80 mph is reckless driving, which is a misdemeanor criminal offense.
Anything 5+ over the speed limit is likely a misdemeanor if written as a state charge. At least that's how it is in Missouri. We have no set speed for "careless and imprudent" (what wreckless driving is here), just have to document there was a substantial risk to life or property. The county I live in, you post bond on 31 and over.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's exactly where I did it. Worth the VERY SLIGHT risk of getting caught to mr. Just did 1/2 mile or so over 80.

Depends on what part of Virginia. In Fairfax county they might throw you in jail. They're nuts about speeding in Fairfax.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never figured out why either. It's actually kind of weird when you consider the rest of the country
And some places they haul every out of towners before the judge rather than releasing you on a summons.

Trammellmq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replied to an earlier post referencing the motor mounts: "Yes, evidently the motor mount issue is something that GM has failed to properly diagnose because I had a '99 Tahoe that had the issue with the broken motor mounts. I guess because I really enjoyed the '99 Tahoe, I decided to purchase a '08 Tahoe, and guess what...YES, another broken motor mount. My '08 also has the cracked dash. I am keeping my eyes open for the same issues with the newer SUVs because I do like GM SUVs, but I will definitely hesitate to buy another one if these issues persists."

Thanks for your post because I see that this issue is continuing even on the newer models. WOW! At least you caught it before your warranty expired.

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No buffering or vibration on my 2016 LTZ. I do think the hood metal is too thin as I can see it dimple and flutter at high speeds.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asking a friend with a ‘16 if they have buffeting. He said no. In fact no issues in 40k miles. He said they will probably trade it in next year for one just like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchhead