How much is my Tahoe worth? Might be selling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rogue status hoho

rogue status hoho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2, wont hurt to start high, someone might be looking for something with a little customization to it...

I agree.. I'll be putting it out at my local auto fair next weekend.. I'm going to start it at $10,250. It will be getting an entire Interior/Exterior professional detail before this too. Comparable Tahoe's in my area are going for $10,500ish with 150K miles + and absolutely no customization. I'm hoping I'm in luck. Thanks for the reassurance guys!

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did and sorry, You're wrong. You've cheated yourself on the KBB pricing guide by adding factory options that you don't have and that didn't exist in 2000.
You have a bunch of garbage KBB options checkmarked on yours that don't exist and you don't have, (wide tires, "Mp3 +nav+ cassette + am/fm stereo", 20+, custom bumper) and its still only $7100 'Good' when I run it as you listed it in that link.

Somehow I wonder if you really have a Delphi TNR800 Nav, and AM/FM stereo, a stand alone single CD with MP3 AND a cassette player in a 2000, all factory equipped and all working.

:pics-stfu:

If you don't you can't checkmark the box.

Your truck also isn't 'excellent' unless it has gone to the dealership for every single service and oil change and is 100% unmodified. Your modifications that make you think it is worth $10k keep it from being condition 'excellent' and relegate it to merely 'good', which is 7k.

GL getting what you are asking, but don't be offended when people wonder why you think 10 grand for an 11 year old high mileage truck with a NADA/KBB book value under $7,000 is reasonable.

This is precisely why you UNMOD vehicles to sell them.
The mods OFF the vehicle are worth money.
ON the vehicle they are worth NOTHING or even REDUCE value.

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to unmod it then,man. The mods are worth money off the truck... but not on it. It just isn't worth more than 8 no matter how you double down or hope.

Sell the exhaust by offering it as a trade + cash.

Sell the wheels as trade plus cash.

Sell the stereo as trade PLus cash... I know it cant be stock because all those options were NEVER offered on the 2000, and never offered concurrently on any year.

THEN sell the vehicle in stock condition, and you might even get 'excellent' value for it since it is now 'stock'.

:)

There is also a bout a $1000 variance between my location and yours... the bad part is that I am close enough that I have bought cars out of Cali, and Nor Cal people have bought cars from me.

Spooner

Reaction score
Also figure in that KBB specifically says that less than 5% of cars fall into the "excellent" catagory. Basically that thing needs to look like it did the day it rolled off the lot back in 2000. That means the interior, engine, wheel wells, undercarriage, and all that junk needs to be detailed. Cars now a days just dont hold value. My '07 RX8 is in excellent condition, (not a daily driver) has 13k miles, still smells new, and its only worth 19k. I paid 34k for it and still owe 25k today. I have over 9k invested in the turbo on it. But like Eagle said, unless someone wants the car for what it is and what it has on it, youre custom parts are useless. Im in process of buying a house so I am too contemplating selling the car. Since I owe more than the car is worth, I have to wait for someone that wants the car for what it has on it and willing to pay alittle extra for it. Id accept what I owe for the car. So pretty much they get a free turbo. Kinda sucks.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put it up for whatever price you want it can't hurt to see what kind of response you get, there's always a chance someone with similar taste will appreciate all the custom stuff you have done, and be willing to pay for it.

PoloGreenMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its always good to ask high, but dont expect 10k for that truck. Im in NorCal as well and the biggest thing hurting your trucks value is that its a 2000.

Its the first year of the NBS body style, and its 11 years old. Most 2000s go for around 7-8

Last edited:
OP
OP
rogue status hoho

rogue status hoho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its always good to ask high, but dont expect 10k for that truck. Im in NorCal as well and the biggest thing hurting your trucks value is that its a 2000.

Its the first year of the NBS body style, and its 11 years old. Most 2000s go for around 7-8 (im in used car business)

I can get a 2002 Denali with 60k right now for 10k flat.

If i was buying i would offer like 7k.

DOnt be discouraged though, you never know when someone without a brain will wander upon your add and buy it. Some of the things ive seen in the car dealership game are absolutely absurd! My old boss used to mark up his cars 20% over the highest retail value...just because he knew people would lowball OR that someone will stumble on the lot and pay the price.

And yes, mods arent worth anything on a car, but most car buyers dont know that. Play dumb and talk your buyers ears off about all the "cool custom" stuff. Tell him the rims were special ordered, blah blah blah. Car salesman tactics are cruel but they get you paid.

HAHA I love all this information! It's great! Thank you... I'll be trying those tactics at the car lot this weekend!

PoloGreenMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea make sure to emphasize the 1500 dollar stereo system that "he wont have to install because its already there!"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou