How to determine trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BattleTank

BattleTank

Military
Reaction score
Ok, mine has the YE9 RPO.

I wonder if the 'pleather' rear seats and cloth front seats have anything to do with it??

Bowtie Bob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Roger roger. Thanks for the help!

Per my RPO sticker, my Tahoe(11) was never badged.

How does one determine what the trim level is? RPO code?
All of the PPV/SSVs are the "LS" base models. As for badging and nameplates (GM, Tahoe, Chevrolet, flex fuel etc...) all that trim and the body side moldings, they are left off from the factory in Arlington TX so that we can apply decals, markings, lighting etc...where ever we want. Roof racks and the Onstar ant. are also deleted. The 15 and up Police Tahoe only have the grill Bowtie for any brand ID. The liftgate has zero badging. We used to add the body side molding trim and badging and maybe a roof rack to some of our unmarked units so they would look like the civilian units in undercover work. A Police Package Tahoe is easy to spot when you know what to look for... especially in the 07-14 model years. The PPV RWD always had black wheels with chrome metal canter caps and the SSV 4x4 silver painted wheels and silver painted center caps. Our late 1990's Police Tahoe were 10 mph or so faster that the Crown Vic and the brakes and wheels (copied from the SS 454 pick-up) would get so hot that we melted the chrome plastic center caps. Chevy then gave us the metal chrome caps when we complained. A "Street appearance package" option on some police models can also make them look like and "civie" soccer mom Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mech71

Latest posts