How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Just did this mod....sweet! Did it the way 05Nali did it and i pull more stations now than I did stock:gr_grin:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would so do this mod.. BUT i use my antenna as a feeler gauge in parking garages if antenna hits.. the ceiling is only an inch from hitting my roof rack.. so antenna stays.. :(

mykon04

Reaction score
i would so do this mod.. BUT i use my antenna as a feeler gauge in parking garages if antenna hits.. the ceiling is only an inch from hitting my roof rack.. so antenna stays.. :(

Man with all that lift and everything I wouldn't even try to go in a parking garage...:)

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05's pics are gone now so Im curious, but you guys just unscrewed the antenna. Cinched a wire on the threads and ran it up the weather stripping? Didn't unscrew the base?

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill put up new pics tomorrow if they aren't working for you. What I did was solder the copper wire to the base and then ran it up behind the weather seal. So no, I do not unscrew the base

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that ran a wore in the weather strip, what size nut did you use on the antenna mast to secure the wire?

I am wanting to know this as well but for a different reason, one I haven't seen to this point ANYWHERE on here :naughty:....

Will fill everyone in on it if I can find out the size of the nut that screws on top of the threaded base piece

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
I am wanting to know this as well but for a different reason, one I haven't seen to this point ANYWHERE on here :naughty:....

Will fill everyone in on it if I can find out the size of the nut that screws on top of the threaded base piece

When I did this mod, took the antenna to a local hardware store and found a bolt with matching threads, then bought the corresponding nylon lock nut. Can't remember the specs, it was so long ago...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here