How to Remove Service Air Bag Service Ride Control DIC Messages Permanently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently got a 2005 Yukon Denali XL that has Service Air Bag and Service Ride Control messages in the Driver Info Center. I really don't need either of these items to work but would like the messages to go away permanently. No codes show up when I use a code reader. Is there a way to cheaply and permanently disable each system and receive no additional alerts without having to buy the expensive parts to fix the actual issue? If so how? I just want to stop the message alerts on the instrument cluster.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently got a 2005 Yukon Denali XL that has Service Air Bag and Service Ride Control messages in the Driver Info Center. I really don't need either of these items to work but would like the messages to go away permanently. No codes show up when I use a code reader. Is there a way to cheaply and permanently disable each system and receive no additional alerts without having to buy the expensive parts to fix the actual issue? If so how? I just want to stop the message alerts on the instrument cluster.
it would need to be programmed out, wams might do it

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A regular code reader won't show the body and chassis codes; you'd need a more advanced scanner. If there are messages on the DIC, there are codes.

OP
OP

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt it needs to be programmed out. There has to be a way around it with either a fuse pull or resistor install, just need to know what and where to do that.

frank1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Inline resistors might work. They get installed where the wires connect to the shock.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you could get the suspension and SRS codes you'd be money ahead finding the solution.

OP
OP

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've heard that I can disconnect the battery and remove the 30 amp RTD fuse to disable the service ride control message. Is there a way to do that to get rid of the service air bag message?

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to know which codes are setting in order to know what to do about the lights.

Yes, the RTD fuse will work for the service ride control. I did that. Disconnect battery, remove fuse, wait 10 min, reconnect battery.

You need to have codes read to find out why the SRS light is on though. Too many possibilities. Could be a sensor, could be wiring, etc etc etc. They tend to put a bit more concern in that system since it's safety, not just comfort.

Ooooorrrrrrrr, the old electrical tape on the cluster lol!! Joking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts