HVAC Fan Acting Weird??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
So i get in the truck this morning and the fan is blowing on medium or low, but the switch is in the off position. So i try the other speed and they work except for the first mark after the low setting, that turns the fan off?? High does work and the rest, it just seems that the off position and the low 1 position have traded places.

Any ideas???

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replace your fan switch and inspect and repair any elctrical or heat damage to its pigtail connector.

Having trouble with my fan not working in 1 and 2 but works in 3, 4 and 5. Stopped this Morning at the local junk yard for a switch. They were out and had a guy Sat. come in looking for one. He stated to check the harness at the resistor behind the glovebox. They have been known to heat up and burn the wiring harness. I'm going to check my switch and resistor this evening. Was told this has been a common problem on the 90 models and from the sound of mine it has carried over in the 00's. I started a thread just the other day about this and will post my findings tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
78mc-bbc

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
well i replaced the resistor and its the same thing, the blower only shuts off when in low 1 position and high, the off position is now low. so my next try is going to be replacing the control panel, any suggestions??

WalterMitty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me on a brand new control set. It turned out to be the connector on the pigtail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71