HVAC fan intermittent front and rear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Memphis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just in the past couple weeks I have been experiencing an issue with getting air out of the vents. For the front they will work more consistently but it does not always blow at the selected speed. The rears will turn on randomly then shut off again. I do notice that for the first start of the day front and rear will blow as expected but go out thereafter. I've been trying to research similar issues but usually it is only regarding the rear. Any ideas on where to look first? Being that this started at the same time, I'm guessing whatever failed is a shared component. This is on a 2001 Yukon SLE.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do this regardless of the AC temp you select? How about auto vs manual? It may just be the inside temp sensor. It sounds like it’s working well when you start out but acting as if the requested temp has been met so the fans slow down.

OP
OP
M

Memphis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it do this regardless of the AC temp you select? How about auto vs manual? It may just be the inside temp sensor. It sounds like it’s working well when you start out but acting as if the requested temp has been met so the fans slow down.
Yup, it will do this at at any temp and in both auto and manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F9thSkynet