HVAC vent ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warren Seale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2nd row passenger vent in the ceiling of my 08 Yukon does not have any air flowing out of it. The other rear vents are OK. Has anyone experienced this problem? How is the ductwork arranged in the ceiling? Can it become disconnected or blocked?

Warren

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
With air not flowing at all are you sure its even on?
Check the AUX button on your driver HVAC controls and then recheck it too see.
Also if that doesn't work, then its the AC blower issue, go to the dealership!!

OP
OP
W

Warren Seale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only one of the rear vents is not delivering air. The other 3 are fine.

Warren

OP
OP
W

Warren Seale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FYI

I took it to the dealer to have this fixed. It turns out the ductwork consists of pipes cut in half that are glued to the back side of the headliner. One of the pipes separated from the headliner and was leaking air into the space between it and the roof. They unsuccessfully tried to glue it back. They wound up having to order a new headliner assembly. It has to be shipped by freight due to its size.

I hope this is an isolated incident and will not reoccur a few years from now due to poor adhesive used to attach the duct.

Warren

CPMS

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Warren! Something for the rest of us to keep an eye on.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
My rear AC floor vents don't work at all, has anyone enocuntered something similar?

OP
OP
W

Warren Seale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. The headliners are not available. Spares have to be made. I'm on the list. I don't know how many of these they require to be on order before they will be produced. In the mean time, I have to live with one dead ceiling vent.

Warren

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aj124