I have a serious problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viven44

Reaction score
I need to sell one maybe two. Which would you keep/sell? and why?

1999 Tahoe Sport 4x4 18x,*** miles, 8k on new crate motor and built transmission.

2005 Tahoe Z71 4x4 185,xxxx miles, absolute work horse.

2013 Tahoe Z71 4x4 119k miles, recently purchased for the 6 speed. great truck so far.

1st world problems but I seriously need to sell something. Any opinions/ feedback are welcome
Another point to consider is insurance. If you kept the 99 you can insure it with Hagerty. Cheap $350 /yr for full coverage. Your other 2 wouldn’t qualify as they are not classic trucks yet.

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No question, keep the 2005 Tahoe Z71. Ask me why or look at my signature.

Keep the 2013 Tahoe, just because.

Sell the 1999 Sport. Black in heat, no. No a/c in hot, no. Lifted, NO!

I had a 1996 Tahoe Sport 2 door and wish I had it but love my GMT800.
The '99 is actually currently getting the A/C fixed. I love the lifted look and it rides well enough but I would leave it stock if I could go back in time. When I originally lifted it I was going to do a full SFA and LS swap. I ended up deploying again and it just took a back seat to the other projects. Still a great truck though.

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have to get rid of two, dump the OBS first - least comfortable, reliable, practical, etc. Then you just have to decide which of the other two you like best. (I'm partial to NNBS - they have their issues, but they're known and once you get through the list you have a pretty sweet ride, especially with 6 speed)

If you can get away with getting rid of just one - make the same decision as above, but keep the OBS. Save it for a time when you can put some $$/time into it because OBS 2-doors are sweet!

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dallas TX here. My 84 pickup and 78 Suv have been my daily drivers until I bought myself the 2002 this month. 84 pickup has no AC and it is NO FUN. I drove 2 weeks ago to Tulsa and back and I must have drank 6-8 bottles of water. Sweated a lot. Never needed a "comfort break" so that was a good thing I guess. :rotflmao: I'm hopeful to do an AC conversion this winter though....

Point is if you want to sell the non-AC, time it in the peak of winter. Best time to sell !!

I've seen videos of AC evap replacement done quite easily on the GMT800s so that's great. OBS evap replacement seems like a bear.
Old square bodies are my absolute favorite! Keep those! I passed on my dads very clean K-5 for $5k 20 years ago, kicking myself ever since lol.

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sell the obs and nbs.

NNBS VS NBS
Front struts vs torsion bar
Rack & pinion steering vs steering gear
6 speed tranny vs 4spd
13 in disc front brakes vs 12 in
320hp vs 295hp
More creature comforts
Better insulation(less road noise)
Nicer interior
Lower miles
All fair points and I really like the 2013, but I will say the '05 is one of the most comfortable rides I've had and it's built real solid. I'm the second owner and it was very well taken care of. Only issue I really have with the nnbs is the cheap plastics and body panels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryonE