I have a serious problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have to get rid of two, dump the OBS first - least comfortable, reliable, practical, etc. Then you just have to decide which of the other two you like best. (I'm partial to NNBS - they have their issues, but they're known and once you get through the list you have a pretty sweet ride, especially with 6 speed)

If you can get away with getting rid of just one - make the same decision as above, but keep the OBS. Save it for a time when you can put some $$/time into it because OBS 2-doors are sweet!
That's where I'm leaning. So hard to find a clean 2 door and I'd like to finish building the version I want.

viven44

Reaction score
Yes Car Wizard did sort of a number on the OBS... about how hard it is to service A/C, and also the 5.7 Vortec being just a bit more hard to service vs. the 5.3....

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes Car Wizard did sort of a number on the OBS... about how hard it is to service A/C, and also the 5.7 Vortec being just a bit more hard to service vs. the 5.3....
Mechanically they're very simple, the old computer systems aren't great though. My biggest issue with the OBS is having to take the dash in and out. Absolute PITA

kmackamul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to sell one maybe two. Which would you keep/sell? and why?

1999 Tahoe Sport 4x4 18x,*** miles, 8k on new crate motor and built transmission.

2005 Tahoe Z71 4x4 185,xxxx miles, absolute work horse.

2013 Tahoe Z71 4x4 119k miles, recently purchased for the 6 speed. great truck so far.

1st world problems but I seriously need to sell something. Any opinions/ feedback are welcome
The 2005 Tahoe , the SUV's made during 2003-2006 are built to last. I had a 2004 Yukon that I put 365k miles on and the motor was running perfect when i got rid of it. As the original owner, I replaced the waterpump at 100k , alternator at 150k , replaced rear-end bearings at 200k, and sold it at 365k when trans gave out. I could have rebuilt the trans and believe I could have gotten to 450k, but bought a 2006 Yukon with 76 k for $10K and start over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryonE