i need ideas? for new project a 99 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
whats up people:) , ok i bought a 99 hoe 7 months ago with 40k miles, and i want to make my hoe look bad ass so, its a 2 wheel drive and its a silver birch color, and i was thinking of lowering but not to low, put some wheels on it, i already took all the moldings off and chromes around the fender, i have bumpers and grill left that are chrome:Boo:. anyways i been looking at changing the 99 grill to the 93 black color grill i just like the waffle pattern, what you think? and then buying paintable bumpers that look stock but i dont know where to start can u please help me? i do have a budget because i dont have all the money up fron so i will fix it uo little by little:shocked: thanks!!!

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
wow... a '99 with 40k miles!

What's the story on that rig, sounds like a great find!!

Any pics?

OP
OP
H

hoe99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i know i was very lucky to find a hoe that year with that many miles! i was shopping around and everywhere i looked they where over 100k miles on them, so i went online found one at a dealer that was 1 hour drive away from where i live, i went checked it out. dealer was asking $11,000 i picked it up for 7,300. it looks like new paint and inside looks like never been used lol original owners only used the tahoe to pull a boat and that was it, they traded it in for a caddilac car i asume they where older people. but i do have a couple pics still getting used to this forums lol

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
that's awesome.

Not sure if you have done it yet, but i would run SeaFoam through it and start changing all the fluids. I'm OCD in that department, but whenever I buy a car...I change all the fluids (oil, power sterring, coolant, trans) and run SeaFoam through it and grease bearings.

For instance, the Dex Radiator fluid our trucks use can turn corrosive over time; essentially damaging seals and some other parts. Completely flush the system with new stuff (pretty easy to do).

SeaFoam (if you're not familiar with it) is an age-old product that is an awesome product for cleaning up the injection system; lots of users on the forum here.

I know your original question is for modifying your truck, but I thought I'd throw out the fluid idea :)

For mods, there are a lot of fun and easy mods you can research on this website:
4-Hi Mod (when you flick high beams on, low beams stay on as well)
Cold Air Intake (CAI) mod
3/4 Ton Brake Mod
Poly Urethane Bushings
HIDs
LED interior/exterior - LOTS of different ideas on the site

For external, you've got guys that drop, raise, and stockers all over the site.

Also, post some pics!!

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's get some pics of that bad boy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members