I sell all HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the housing itself just couldn't take the heat, I didn't realize the bulb length was the problem for those that have melted the housings. Is there still a group buy or "package deal"? I'd like to do 6000K low beams, the fogs at 6000K, and just an upgraded bulb in the high beams.

We can do this. PM on the way

I've never had anyone tell me that their lens melted with my kit. HIDs burn at a cooler temp then halogens do also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check Monday for you.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes, I finally got the kit installed yesterday, and it's nice and bright. However, I'm not too happy with the beam pattern. Is this a common complaint on the H11 kit? It has changed pretty noticeably compared to the stock bulbs. I don't see anyway to have screwed up the install, it's not like I've never done this before.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
HIDs kits are like that. YOu just put a Xenon bulb in a halagon housing. But On my yukon the beam only changed a bit. But its common and really nothing you can do with out upgrading to full projectors.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
What about projector headlights.. specificly.. mine. I believe HID's will work cause i've seen them put into other projector headlights.

You got 12,000K low beams and 12,000K fogs for me?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
What about projector headlights.. specificly.. mine. I believe HID's will work cause i've seen them put into other projector headlights.

THEY will make it better, but not awesome. To get awesome you gotta have real HID projectors and not halagon projectors.

OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes, I finally got the kit installed yesterday, and it's nice and bright. However, I'm not too happy with the beam pattern. Is this a common complaint on the H11 kit? It has changed pretty noticeably compared to the stock bulbs. I don't see anyway to have screwed up the install, it's not like I've never done this before.
What Rollin Thunder said is pretty much right. The HIDs are much brighter then your stock halagens were so you notice the glare alot more. The only real way to fix that is to do a projector retro fit which we do them here at my shop, but its not the cheapest thing.

HIDs kits are like that. YOu just put a Xenon bulb in a halagon housing. But On my yukon the beam only changed a bit. But its common and really nothing you can do with out upgrading to full projectors.
Thanks for kinda explaining that!

Yes, your projector lights will be alot better then regular reflector based housings. As said below, it wont be the best but it will focus them alot better and thats what you want really. I sell alot of HID kits to Chrysler 300C owners and those cars have an option, HID projector or non HID projector and the non HID projector isn't that much worse then the HID projector, its a noticable difference but that bad at all.

For the set of 12k kits you want, I have everything in 10k, not 12k. I dont stock 12k to omuch because not alot of people want it. So its up you, I have 10k kits in stock or I would have to order the 12k kits.

THEY will make it better, but not awesome. To get awesome you gotta have real HID projectors and not halagon projectors.
Correct.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Rollin Thunder said is pretty much right. The HIDs are much brighter then your stock halagens were so you notice the glare alot more. The only real way to fix that is to do a projector retro fit which we do them here at my shop, but its not the cheapest thing.

Thanks for kinda explaining that!

Yes, your projector lights will be alot better then regular reflector based housings. As said below, it wont be the best but it will focus them alot better and thats what you want really. I sell alot of HID kits to Chrysler 300C owners and those cars have an option, HID projector or non HID projector and the non HID projector isn't that much worse then the HID projector, its a noticable difference but that bad at all.

For the set of 12k kits you want, I have everything in 10k, not 12k. I dont stock 12k to omuch because not alot of people want it. So its up you, I have 10k kits in stock or I would have to order the 12k kits.

Correct.

OK, but this isn't the first conversion kit I've used and I've never had one that changed the beam pattern this much. As long as the arc is in the same location as the filament in a regular bulb, the pattern should stay the same. I guess I'll go with PIAA's. Anyone want this kit cheap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035