I sell all HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
No thats not correct. ITs the fact that its an arc now instead of a filament.

what year is your hoe/kon?????

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an '09. I've done a conversion in a reflector setup in a Dodge truck, Mercedes, and an Audi and none seemed to change much other than it was a lot brighter. This has bright/dark spots I can't live with. Now I have 3 spare HID kits in the garage :rolleyes:

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
you installed them wrong. my 07 has a much better beam paddern with HIDs than my 03.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish that was true, but they only go in one way. I guess the difference is you have a Yukon and those lights are a lot different than the Tahoe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, but this isn't the first conversion kit I've used and I've never had one that changed the beam pattern this much. As long as the arc is in the same location as the filament in a regular bulb, the pattern should stay the same. I guess I'll go with PIAA's. Anyone want this kit cheap?

It's an '09. I've done a conversion in a reflector setup in a Dodge truck, Mercedes, and an Audi and none seemed to change much other than it was a lot brighter. This has bright/dark spots I can't live with. Now I have 3 spare HID kits in the garage :rolleyes:

Hey, this may sound dumb, but, do you have the bulb upside down? Some bulbs can go in upside down, i'm not 100% on the H11 but I know some can.

Also, i've installed this kit on my dads 09 Yukon when he was in town a few months back and I didnt have any bright/dark spots with it. Not to mention I've sold to other members on this forum and I havent heard anything like this. This is the first issue of its kind I've heard to be honest. I assume both lights are doing it? Not sure if this will do anything but have you switched the bulbs to the other side?

If you dont mind, can you snap a couple of pics with your lights on showing these spots and the beam pattern? You can email them to me at [email protected]

-Wes

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try to get pics when I get home tonight, I drive the '07 as my work truck. The Yukon lights are quite a bit different, so maybe that's it? Anyway, I'll double check the install and get back to you.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Here is a nnbs tahoe with an HID kit its not mine, but someone posted them on here. I think its a pretty damn good beam paddern.

photo1-1.jpg

010.jpg

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looks OK on the wall, but nothing like that on the street. That's probably better than the stock beam pattern. Thanks for all the reponses.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mystery solved. On the driver's side, one of the mounting tabs on the bulb is broken! It wasn't broken in the box, and although I did not manhandle anything during the install, it's on me I guess. Wes, I'll get a spare bulb from you and all should be well. PM sent.

OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mystery solved. On the driver's side, one of the mounting tabs on the bulb is broken! It wasn't broken in the box, and although I did not manhandle anything during the install, it's on me I guess. Wes, I'll get a spare bulb from you and all should be well. PM sent.

Hey Brad, Your order is on its way to you. I'm about to PM you the tracking number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conquer1