I thinkl my Hoe is going to $500.00 me to Death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icehead

Reaction score
Just got the power brake assist fixed...$547.00. Got an est on fixing the idle arm, pitman arm and some other motor he said I needed...$543.00 before alignment. I guess I'm lucky i only paid $3700.00 for it with 160,000 miles. Geez, Only had it less than a week.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling the same! Only had the truck a couple months and had the A/C go out, Battery Trey rote through, and battery go out.

To my luck though I was able to get the new battery (Optima), and battery trey cheap enough. Also, got both of them installed in the truck as well.

Next is the A/C and that stupid idle problem I am having as well!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats just the name of the game with an older vehicle with semi-high miles.

i just put a fuel pump, carrier, and new hoses under mine, a radiator about a month ago, and now the high quality napa water pump is on its way out yet again...

Accord_boy619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got mine about 4 years ago @ 118k mi. Heres what have done on mines.
118k = put a 6" Fabtech $3200
123k ish = I got an slip yoke eliminator and a Tom Woods drive shaft double cardan drive shaft. $2k
128k = new ball joints, tie-rod inner and outer. $600 around
135k = replaced radiator(was same price vs. just the tank) $150 around
140k = new ball joints, tie rods in and outer and pitman and idler arms. $freeMOOG
145ish = A/C went out, founder out a year later(now) the compressor is leaking.
148 = I fixed my intake manifold gasket. $80 in gaskets
148 = Had to replce my distributor cuz I broke a tab a year prior to the intake job. $140 for a metal one.
152k = Now still the A/C is out but I still like her, Im fixin the A/C at maybe mext month.(Need time)
Some where in between there I burnt like 6 batteries(I had a dual batts at one time), the battery issue is due to my deploments. Oh and I did all the work my self.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Don't you dare pay $500 for a pitman arm. I'll find you and kick you in the nuts myself. If you don't own a single tool yourself, you're still looking at <$50 for all the parts and tools to do the entire job if you do it yourself. I did a "how to" on it, if you search for it.

bablurp

Reaction score
I feel ya too. I bought a 96 with 260k on the original engine. The previous owner had the cylinder heads re-done and a "complete" tune-up. The day I received my pink slip the damn thing heated up and the cylinder head cracked. Water in the cylinders, oil boiled over, the whole damn engine went with that. Now it's been down for about 3 weeks. It's seen more garage time than driving time since I've owned it. I'm still working on it about 2 grand later =(

1996 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 2dr (out of service)

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Don't you dare pay $500 for a pitman arm. I'll find you and kick you in the nuts myself. If you don't own a single tool yourself, you're still looking at <$50 for all the parts and tools to do the entire job if you do it yourself. I did a "how to" on it, if you search for it.

LMFAO!

lol save all of MadMan's How-To..s while you are at it.

ChevyManDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am feeling you guys! My Hoe had about 140k on it when I bought it. I have a new crate 350, fuel pump w/ lines, a/c compressor, radiator, power steering pump, all new suspension, the list goes on and on!!! All in all I'd say I have put about $15K into just the mechanics of my Hoe.....but she's worth every penny!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts