I thinkl my Hoe is going to $500.00 me to Death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cebo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Arent older rides fun.

Owning older vehicles are fun. Paying for maintenance and upkeep, always staying on the lookout for something going out. But I must admit, I love my Tahoe. It is a 2000 and I have had it for a little over a year. Bought it with 118k miles. Now it has about 122k. Still runs like a top. The one thing i don't worry about is the engine. It feels as strong as any engine i have owned. There are little upkeep things here and there that i get fixed or updated. But so far so good, the maintenance hasn't broke the bank and i thouroughly enjoy my Tahoe. :)

XLdenaliXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha lol i agree guys?? bought my 97 yukon wit 116k custom all hooked up looking pretty right? well the starter went the day i registered it lol
$100 bucks

Day 5 ERG valve lol and heres a funny story. I go to show my friends my super sweet black yukon on 23's with 4 tvs and as i open the driver door the door FALLS OFF!!!!:shocked: i was soo damn embrased lol but it was funny turned out that the pin was outta the to top latch an it was in the door.... quick fix

like my dad said you want a older truck ur gonna pay!

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Dude. I've paid something close to $3K in the last couple months on my hoe. Let me teach some basic business owner's finance. The banks won't teach you this in school. :)
:Rant:
When you make payments on something, you still have to pay for maintenance, you have to pay for full coverage insurance, and you have to pay interest. If nothing breaks on it, you're still paying compounding interest on a depreciating asset, which is mathematically/financially retarded.

When something breaks, and you put money into your truck, it either gains value, or reliability. I pay cash for everything, so I'm not paying interest to anyone, nor do I have to pay exorbitant costs for insurance. In addition, if it were to be wrecked, as much as I love my hoe, I can walk away from it, without any financial risk.

So long as the engine and transmission are sound, you pretty much can't lose by paying cash, and letting your truck break every now and then. Especially if cosmetic things don't matter to you, but you can spend a little more and square that away too, if it is important to you.
:Rant:

:headbang:

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

USAF, Im Power Pro(generators and aircraft arresting systems)

Thank you for serving.
:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
icehead

icehead

Reaction score
Ummm....yeah so that is $242.00 for Pitman arm and idler arm instalation and front end alignment. then another $446.00 for whatever motor controls the Pitman arm and idler arm. Well....at least I don't have a car payment, and for those of you counting that is:
1) 1999 Tahoe-$3700.00
1) Power Brake assist $ 547.00
1) Pitman Arm and Idle arm replacement with alignment $242.00
1) Steering motor installed$446.00
thats $4935.00 in it total.
I love the truck,what the Hell, it's worth it

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Ummm....yeah so that is $242.00 for Pitman arm and idler arm instalation and front end alignment. then another $446.00 for whatever motor controls the Pitman arm and idler arm. Well....at least I don't have a car payment, and for those of you counting that is:
1) 1999 Tahoe-$3700.00
1) Power Brake assist $ 547.00
1) Pitman Arm and Idle arm replacement with alignment $242.00
1) Steering motor installed$446.00
thats $4935.00 in it total.
I love the truck,what the Hell, it's worth it

Pitman Arm=$25, Idler arm=$25, Alignment=$60, Steering Gearbox=$220, Not getting ass ***** by several large, greasy men with wrenches= priceless. If your steering is worn, that indicates other things are worn too. If you're going to pay someone else to do the easy stuff, you'd better pack a lunch and buckle your seatbelt....

OP
OP
icehead

icehead

Reaction score
Pitman Arm=$25, Idler arm=$25, Alignment=$60, Steering Gearbox=$220, Not getting ass ***** by several large, greasy men with wrenches= priceless. If your steering is worn, that indicates other things are worn too. If you're going to pay someone else to do the easy stuff, you'd better pack a lunch and buckle your seatbelt....
You go be a mechanic, I'll be a therapist and pay others to do what I can't do and what I don't want to do or have no business doing. Geez!

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
You go be a mechanic, I'll be a therapist and pay others to do what I can't do and what I don't want to do or have no business doing. Geez!

Sorry- my last was just a touch arrogant, prickish, coarse and insensitive. Just a touch though. :) In all honesty, my bad. No hard feelings?

You are probably better off finding a buddy with some wrenches to help you. The dealerships and auto shops will charge you $150 to read the trouble codes, when you can go to a parts house and have it done for free, just for instance. The gouging only begins there. Again, I am sorry- I didn't mean to be so harsh, I don't know what my deal was the other day. That time of the month, or something.

OP
OP
icehead

icehead

Reaction score
no problem. I'm new to chevy's I'm trying not to take many hits, but you know sometimes... hey i changed a reverse taillight the other day. I'm moving up in the world..LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts