I thinkl my Hoe is going to $500.00 me to Death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Accord_boy619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I add front calipers, rotors, and pads to my previous list. Also the A/C compressor/dryer/o-tube/o-rings, and maybe the rear shoes n cylinders. Im plan on keepin her till I die, so its worth it I gues.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I figured I would just add to this thread.. Went in today expecting to pay $200 for a faulty fpr.. Nope, fuel pump: $500 :jawdrop::jawdrop: there goes my paycheck.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I going to have him tell me what the actual problem is and then I'm just going to fix it myself. I'm tired of this paying and not having anything fixed crap..

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
Don't you dare pay $500 for a pitman arm. I'll find you and kick you in the nuts myself.

LMAO!!!!!

He is right though, don;t get ripped off!!!!

I feel ya too. I bought a 96 with 260k on the original engine. The previous owner had the cylinder heads re-done and a "complete" tune-up. The day I received my pink slip the damn thing heated up and the cylinder head cracked. Water in the cylinders, oil boiled over, the whole damn engine went with that. Now it's been down for about 3 weeks. It's seen more garage time than driving time since I've owned it. I'm still working on it about 2 grand later =(

1996 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 2dr (out of service)

Had mine for about 5 months running fine and all of a sudden I start it up and it runs for about 30 sec's and dies... I try to start it and "click" "click" every time I turn the key, starter?!?! NOPE! Motor FROZE!!!!

SO ya about $2100 Later! and hours of my own labor I put a reman motor in from advance, runs great now, but now the brakes went out! So here we go again ... LOL

I am feeling you guys! My Hoe had about 140k on it when I bought it. I have a new crate 350, fuel pump w/ lines, a/c compressor, radiator, power steering pump, all new suspension, the list goes on and on!!! All in all I'd say I have put about $15K into just the mechanics of my Hoe.....but she's worth every penny!!!!

I'm not at $15K yet, but the $$$ is rising !!!

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
71k and it didn't fix it. All it did was smooth out my idle. I'm having a little chat w/ my mechanic monday :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Ok cause mine has 152K on it and i have a feeling that its getting to that time where its going to go out even though i think the last owner replaced it like 4 years when she had 130K so i dont really know how long they last.

Can anybody tell me whats the average life for a fuel pump?

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
From what I have heard they will last longer if you keep your truck above a 1/4 tank. Any below that the pump will get hot and wear out prematurely. The higher fuel in the tank keeps the pump cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts