I want to level.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
He gave me a look when I said the sway bar thing haha.

Makes you wonder if he really knows what sway bars are for.

All vehicles are made to be satisficing, not satisfying. Sacrifices are made, thus the vehicles are not perfect. Some modifications actually improve things. I encourage your dad to talk to John Powell at Powell Racecraft. He can tell you about all the flaws GM makes with their cars, specifically the Cobalt and the Corvette.

The biggest change a leveling kit will make is the aerodynamics. With a leveling kit you will notice a slight decrease in mpg.

As for the wheel spacers, I installed them because my tires were rubbing on the sway bar at full lock. I have 305 wide tires on. 295s would not have rubbed.

chad59

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought mine and the dealership installed it with my purchase, I doubt they would take the liability if they were unsafe.
attachment.php

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if he really knows what sway bars are for.

All vehicles are made to be satisficing, not satisfying. Sacrifices are made, thus the vehicles are not perfect. Some modifications actually improve things. I encourage your dad to talk to John Powell at Powell Racecraft. He can tell you about all the flaws GM makes with their cars, specifically the Cobalt and the Corvette.

The biggest change a leveling kit will make is the aerodynamics. With a leveling kit you will notice a slight decrease in mpg.

As for the wheel spacers, I installed them because my tires were rubbing on the sway bar at full lock. I have 305 wide tires on. 295s would not have rubbed.

I'm going to take my dad by southern offroad this weekend so he can talk to them. I don't pay for the gas only the mods so that may be another thing. I was gonna put 295s because I didn't think the 305s would fit. I like this one but without the brush guard. http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums...1/CHEVY GMC/?action=view&current=101_2164.jpg

And I just asked him again and he said we will see! I'm making progess!

And Chad your truck is sick!

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Thanks. You can't get the brush guard anyways. GM discontinued it. You'd be lucky to find it on ebay. The brush guard also has the light kit. It's soon to be discontinued by GM.

I went with the Ready Lift kit on mine because the shop I bought it from fully warrantied it. They said if anything happened to my truck because of the kit they would deal with the warranty. I even installed it myself.

My wheel spacers are only ¼”. They are made by Dorman. You can get them at any auto parts store. If you get tires, either 295 or 305, be sure to pay attention to the side wall. I went down from a 55 to 50 because of the change in rolling diameter. 305/50/20 was the closest I could match to 275/55/20. I advise getting a tune and having your speedo adjusted while tuning to make sure your speedometer is accurate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if this all goes through, I would for sure get a tune. If he lets me drive his 72 then I wouldn't level it and I'd just lower it. It's all a matter of what he lets me do.

jaslar12002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go with level and 33s u won't regret it just make sure u get correct backspacing and you won't have issues check out my sig

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
I like this one but without the brush guard.

:okay2:

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
You have thoughts similar to my dad. I'll try to see how that goes in the morning when he wakes up. Diabology, you just have the ccm leveling kit right?

Ya, just the CCM right now. Sway bars came in mail the other day. About to put those on!

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha I like yours but brush guards just aren't my thing. Tell me how those sway bars go! My dad is contemplating it right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968