Idle Stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, if CEL is on -> have the codes read! Visit to a dealership might even save you some money...
Have you already checked fuel pressure?

Last edited:
OP
OP

2001Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Service Engine Light finally came on and stayed long enough to pull the code. It was the EGR Valve that was causing the stall.

Pulled it out and scraped off the carbon build-up. Checked out the owners manual today. It was supposed to be a 60,000 mile maintenance check. Doubt it ever was maintained.

Thanks for all the ideas fellas. I think adding a double dose of Sea Foam to a full tank of high octane gas really cleaned up some carbon. That carbon pushed on through and really clogged up the EGR.

Seriously fellas, if you have never pulled out your EGR and done basic maintenance, you probably should. It is really simple to unplug, unbolt, and scraped out, plus it will save you $150. Will probably upgrade mine when I bolt in a new K&N CAI Kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy