I'm BACK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was something of a new member here, and a longtime owner of my 'Hoe when I signed off from here last year. I was having no end of problems with my Hoe and inherited a Dodge Cummins dually that I was all excited about.

Welp, here I am. I never sold my Hoe, but I wound up selling off the Dodge last week and using some of the cash to chase down the problems I was having with the Chevy. $1800 and a lot of parts later, here I am again. I just couldn't bring myself to part with the old girl, and with any luck, I'll get another 100k miles out of her.

I picked it up from the shop today and realized that I don't know how I did without my old 'Hoe for a whole year.

Mah baby!
wakulla056.gif

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad she pulled you back in from the lowly world of D**ge..... She looks good and I would hope she sure is running good now :D

OP
OP
Vanilla Gorilla
Reaction score
What was wrong with it?

A/C leaks all over the place, fuel pump (AGAIN!), power steering pump, driver's window motor, transmission issues, and a few other odds and ends. (Oh yeah, and intake manifold leaks.)

And a new CD player to replace the dead one.

Side note: the mechanic replaced the fuel pump with a Carter, which failed before it left the parking lot of the shop and had to be replaced again.

OP
OP
Vanilla Gorilla
Reaction score
How many pumps have you done?

Just one.

I intended to do the next one, too, but my beloved wife had it done as a anniversary gift to me, unbeknownst to me. I'm certainly not complaining. I hated doing it the first time.

OP
OP
Vanilla Gorilla
Reaction score
If you count the one that didn't make it out of the parking lot, it's sitting on it's fourth one now. ~160k miles.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You have got to have something seriously wrong with you power or ground connection to go thru four already. Mine is oem at 236,000 miles and it has been run dry twice under accidental starting from a remote that was lost temporarily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vanilla Gorilla
Reaction score
You have got to have something seriously wrong with you power or ground connection to go thru four already. Mine is oem at 236,000 miles and it has been run dry twice under accidental starting from a remote that wast lost temporarily.

First one went around 120k, second at 30k (had been sitting up for a while with no activity and had never really been right) and the third was defective from the start.

I'm keeping an eye on this one, though. My dad had 3 in his 'Burban in ~200k.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968