I'm getting to the bottom of my passenger side RATTLE...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted in another rattle thread that I've had a rattle recently in my '09 that's been driving me crazy. Well, I think I'm close to isolating it.

Oddly enough, though it "looked" like the rattle was coming from maybe where the dash meets the door on the passenger side, when I'd lean over that way to try to better hear it, the sound appeared to become harder to hear. So, that killed the idea that maybe it was coming from the dash or do. But I started to hear it really loudly over the weekend, and almost constantly, even on relatively smooth roads. Not being able to take it anymore, I thought I'd have my step-son listen for it for me. Well, lo and behold, with him in the seat, the noise disappeared.

It appeared that the noise was seat-related.

Today, with no one in the passenger seat, when driving on a road that produced the rattle, I grabbed down where the seat cover meets the front corner of the seat, and pulled up on it and the framework underneath. No rattle! Letting go allowed the rattle again.

So, I'm convinced that it's either a seat mounting hardware issue, or a plastic seat cover component rattling against another seat component. I'm not sure which, but it IS seat-related.

What I also found was that I was able to stop the rattle by reclining the seatback just a little more than where it was. That might have tightened up the rattling pieces, or it put some rearward pressure on the mounting hardware. Whichever it is, I'm at peace again.

Just wanted to share in the event that you're being driven insane by the same, unlikely source!

/< / /2 /<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms