im stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
Ok well i have a p0300 misfire code so far i did spyder injectors regulator pmugs wires cap rotor coolant temp sensor cam sensor ignition sensor fuel filter and still nothig it seems to be cylinder three but shes backfiring also any help would be nice ...

crazyikon86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
swap wires. plugs. injectors.... u dont have injectors right? check for air leak near that cyclinder. spray carb cleaner and see if the rpm will rise.

OP
OP
1999hoe

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
I have replace the wires plugs cap and rotor also moved em around the history shiws the 3 cylinder over 10,000 misfire number 7 is intermittent i beleive the misfire is thru the intake it ended up cracking.the housing on my starter that i replaced from brand new on dec 15 ...this has me stumped also did compression test and it was good the psi for.fuel pressue was also good

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
hover, look into this as a possibility:

Engine - No/Hard/Slow Start/Backfire/Kickback File In Section: 06 - Engine/Propulsion System
Bulletin No.: 00-06-04-014
Date: April, 2000
TECHNICAL
Subject:
No, Hard, or Slow Start, Backfire or "Kickback" During
Crank/Start, "Grinding" or Unusual Noises During Crank, DTC P0338
(Replace Crankshaft Position Sensor) Models:
1999-2000 Cadillac Escalade
1995-2000 Chevrolet and GMC SIT Models
1996-2000 Chevrolet and GMC C/K, M/L, G, P Models
1996-2000 Oldsmobile Bravada
with 4.3 L, 5.0 L, 5.7 L or 7.4 L Engine
(VINs W, X, M, R, J RPOs L35, LF6, L30, L31, L29) Condition:
Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions: ^ Backfire during crank/start ^ "Kickback" during crank/start ^ "No" start ^ "Slow" or "hard" start/crank ^ "Grinding" or unusual noises during crank/start ^ Cracked or broken engine block at the starter boss ^ Broken starter drive housing ^ Broken starter ring gear on flywheel ^ Any combination of the above Cause:
A condition may exist that allows the crankshaft position sensor to command up to 50 extra degrees of spark advance during engine cranking only. This in turn exposes the engine to higher than normal cylinder pressures which may result in an inoperative condition to the starter drive housing, the engine flywheel starter ring gear, or the engine block at the outside edge of the starter boss. Correction:
Inspect for a stored powertrain DTC code P0338. This DTC will NOT illuminate the "Service Engine Soon" light. If this code is stored, the Crankshaft Position Sensor, P/N 10456607, MUST be replaced and the remaining components inspected for damage (engine block at the starter boss, the starter drive housing, and the engine flywheel starter ring gear). Notice : When DTC code P0338 is set, failure to replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor could result in repeated inoperative conditions of the starter or flywheel. Important : Some flywheel wear is normal; broken or missing teeth and/or cracks, are not normal.

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys pull the history? What kind of scanner are you using? I only have one of the parts store $99 dollar specials.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1999hoe

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
damn u 2 lol i thought someone else was chiming in with ideas....thx for the above info i will be changing the crank sensor since it is relatively cheap and easy to do

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm popping p0300 on my 99, trying now to figure it out what's triggering the problem. Going to try different cap and rotor. Last time I went though 3 rotors to get a good one. It was shorting to the mount screws.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
damn u 2 lol i thought someone else was chiming in with ideas....thx for the above info i will be changing the crank sensor since it is relatively cheap and easy to do

I would check for that code first and see if you have other symptoms as well.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I'm popping p0300 on my 99, trying now to figure it out what's triggering the problem. Going to try different cap and rotor. Last time I went though 3 rotors to get a good one. It was shorting to the mount screws.

You got pics of caps and rotors for analysis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts