Installed heim tie rods today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are holding up great...no noise & no slop. Still very happy with them.

Cameron

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Due to the new angle of my tie rods after installing the DJM lower arms my truck seems to go thru inner tie rods relatively fast. Therefore I was looking for something heavy duty. Do u still have the specs for your rods?

SS HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you know when your tie rods are bad? Just wondering if I would need to replace mine since I am right at 100k miles.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
try wiggling the wheel holding it at the 3 and 9 o'clock position...and watch the tie rods for play and/or idler arm /\ pitman

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any better option for an inner for a 2wd?

Also, you could drill the spindle out to rid the taper then use a standard bolt and space the rod end off the spindle to correct any bump steer. That would also allow you to mount them under the spindle too.

And if looking to do rod ends Aurora has about the best quality pieces out there.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any better option for an inner for a 2wd?

Also, you could drill the spindle out to rid the taper then use a standard bolt and space the rod end off the spindle to correct any bump steer. That would also allow you to mount them under the spindle too.

And if looking to do rod ends Aurora has about the best quality pieces out there.

I've put this off as long as I can. I'm not sure I want Heims, but Physch1 seems happy with his. The only other option I have seen is Rare parts. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Worth the coin to spend a lil more on something like this. No sense in putting stock parts on IMO. Just would like to see more feedback from others that have used them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...those are ridiculously prices. If you are considering those why not heims? Just curious...

Cameron

WA Sparky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Due to the new angle of my tie rods after installing the DJM lower arms my truck seems to go thru inner tie rods relatively fast.

I can see why you would wear tie rods fast! Look at the angle on the tie rods. They're almost maxed out with the LCA's at level. When the suspenion goes into compression they probably bind. Not to mention a bagged rig aired out.

Do the drop spindles have the same problem or does their design keep the tie rods level?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES