Installed heim tie rods today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...those are ridiculously prices. If you are considering those why not heims? Just curious...

Cameron

Well im concerrned about how exposed the heims seem to be, to me they seem better suited for offroad. What happens when u drive in the rain. Do they have to be lubed to avoid rust? And how much are the heims?i have funds to go either way. Only want to do this once if u know what i mean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they aren't going to be good forever. No part will be. I do spray they occasionally with silicon based lube. I drive daily, zero problems so far with them so far & it's been a full year. I don't know if the price has changed but I paid ~$225 I believe...

Frankly, I think they would wear faster & be exposed to more in an offroad situation than a street one.

Cameron

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they aren't going to be good forever. No part will be. I do spray they occasionally with silicon based lube. I drive daily, zero problems so far with them so far & it's been a full year. I don't know if the price has changed but I paid ~$225 I believe...

Frankly, I think they would wear faster & be exposed to more in an offroad situation than a street one.

Cameron

I've made up my mind to go heim. I sent Sportsfan an email and am waiting for a response. Thanks for your help on this. I actually saw a car build this weekend on TV and they used a similar heim setup. Now I just have to wait to hear back..

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Yea the angle on my tie rods look just like Physh1 due to the DJM arms...I need something much beefier. Im gonna try these heims..

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cameron, you got any contact numbers, pager, skype lol for these guys? I want this ordered and done, but haven't gotten a response to my email.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try to PM him over on GMFullsize...he's over there a lot. I'll see if I got his phone number...

Cameron

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMFS is tapatalk friendly i believe...

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMFS is tapatalk friendly i believe...

Well I got a response from Mike and am now waiting to hear back. What's the difference in stock height and being dropped with the heim setup? I'm ready to order, but this is like ordering a custom chassis fro my Rc car, a process...

I'm just gonna text him and get this done...

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are different brackets to the centerlink depending if your lifted, stock, or dropped.

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES