Installed McGaughy's 2/3 and have issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Jerry, I have not yet got the issue addressed with my Tahoe because every time I get to the dealer they wan to keep the Tahoe for two days and I can't do that because it's my only car. I have asked a local dealership (one of the largest Chevy dealers in the US) and they knew exactly what I was talking about, just could not make it over there.
Don't bother with those little dealers, they don't push out enough cars that have the suspension or wheels/tires modified to know what you are talking about.

I have a 2WD and can testify that the McG spindles DID NOT cause the issue with mine. I started getting the light the moment I got a 24" wheel/tire package. It continued to my 26s with the drop spindles.
If you can wait until summer I can guarantee you I will get it fixed by then but when I'm in school it's too much of a hassle to drop it off because the light does not bother me and I know it's not messing up anything.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am going to have to worry about this issue if I drop my 07 with Belltech spindles on OE 20s.

First I have to convince the wife to let me lower her truck. If it screws up after I drop it the s$&: is gonna hit the fan!! LOL

Reaction score
so i went on GMSI today at school and bulletin 4322 is the issue...but gm does not list a repair, so modded, u would be wasting your time bringing it to the dealer they clearly have not found a resolution.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will get you a customers email shortly. He had the same issue and went with belltech spindles. Ones stopped completly and others with the belltechs only happens time to time. He said it was 95 percent better with belltech than with the mcgaughys spindles.

Give me a few to find the info.

is your guys a 2007 also?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Everybody go and get the Belltech spindles. It will solve the issue for all cases (including mine that did it before the spindle drop).:rolleyes:

I'm not defending McG because I personally like Belltech better, but it can't be a complete McGaughy issue or most of the people with their spindles would have the problem. Key thing is most of them do not have the issue.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Modded not even like that. Something is causing the trucks to do this with their spindle. Are your.guys trucks 2wd or 4x4 that this is happening on? 2007 models?

Reaction score
2010 4x4 tahoe . its only models with RPO code JL4 (stability control) not sure if ALL 07 up tahoes have this but the bulletin says that. i would swich to beltech spindles if i could sell my mgc spindles and not have to throw alot of money at it, but i do like the idea of the mcg spindles using the same steering geometry as the stock spindle. i love my lowering kit i feel like it rides and handles great . just hate that light flashing every now and then. but seeing how i could SWITCH to belltech spindles and still have the issue doesnt seem worth the hassle, seems like it will only go away when i go back to stock height for the winters.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lets use this as a test.

How about i shoot you spindles you pay for shipping and if it works out better you pay for part. I really want to see whats going on here since I sell these kits here and really never had such a bad problem like you guys are having on the 07s with mcgaughys spindles.

LIke i said one customers it totally went away going to the belltechs and another went 95 percent better.

If your interested in trying this out lets go with it. ALso make sure the front lines are ok when pulling it all apart.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is 95% better? Not sure I understand that one?

Nice gesture tho.. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925