Installed McGaughy's 2/3 and have issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe with a mcgaughys kit and now my service traction control light comes on whenever I start hitting some bumps

nuscence813

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@ Modded

Hey Modded, I also have this issue buit my vehicle is a 2011 Yukon with non air ride suspension. As soon as I did the 2/3 drop I got this light. Also I was so badly aligned in the front afterwards it was crazy!! :insane:

Hey so I do not have a solution for this yet. I was hoping that I would find an answer to this here. It seems like originally I was set up for a 2/3 but they sold me on the struts (which I added a 1/2" drop to the already 2" initial with the spindles) :rocking: Rear shocks + springs that makes me Cali lean or maybe even level now!! WTF do I do??

Soundmound

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid this issue on the front side. Just bought an 04 yukon and am looking to drop 2/3 on new ltz wheels. I was mcguaghys all the way but now am confused.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid this issue on the front side. Just bought an 04 yukon and am looking to drop 2/3 on new ltz wheels. I was mcguaghys all the way but now am confused.

ill shoot you a pm

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a plug right on the frame in the rear right next to the upper strut bolt. My socket loosened the plug and I had the same issue. Seems common I read allot about it here. Check that see if it's loose.this plug is the abs traction connector.

Bradleyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ill shoot you a pm

2007 Yukon 2WD history:
First Mod: 24" Rims: No problem.
Second: Bell Tech 2/3 drop WITHOUT spindles. Drove 3 years: no problem
Third: Install Kelderman Air Struts up front, drove 2 months: no problem
Fourth: Installed Bell Tech spindles (From Tony): ABS PROBLEM

I mentioned it to my alignment shop and he went through everything and checked all sensors. Didn't think to look it up on the forum, but here it is.

Tony, you know first hand my suspension history, any thoughts on how to fix?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
on the 2007s this is apparent more then other vehicles. there was a TSB listed that addressed this issue. Changing to the belltech spindle cured it for one guys truck I did while other was a lot better than other spindle he had on there but from time to time would still kick on. I always wondered if there is something different with the BCM.

Last edited:

LRob

Reaction score
So it seems to go with the drop shock option rather than the spindle option to avoid the problem?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes or spring but camber kit will be needed. For autoride little different.

Rainman118

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have an 07 z71 with a CCM 2.5/1 leveling kit. Also have 20 inch monsters with 305/55's. I am having the exact same problem with the brake pulsing when I make a slow speed right or left turn. It doesn't happen very often but is annoying when it does. Have anyone fixed this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555