Installing "2021 PPV" style 6-Piston Brembo Front Brakes on a 2007 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
Could the 6 piston brembo brakes off a camaro also work? Or are those designed differently

Edit: I see that the 6 piston Camaro has 14.6" rotors and the 6 piston trucks use 16", so never mind this question

Last edited:

Wesdoug84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could the 6 piston brembo brakes off a camaro also work? Or are those designed differently

Edit: I see that the 6 piston Camaro has 14.6" rotors and the 6 piston trucks use 16", so never mind this question
This has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but these rotors are also thicker than the rotors for the Chevy performance Brembo brakes. So these particular rotors only fit these particular calipers.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should. GM doesn’t reinvent the wheel, which is why it fits on 2007-2014. You may have to do some slight grinding like I did, but it should work. Just make sure your wheels are at least 20” and +28 offset. I have plenty of room with my +19 offset.

Yes it will. Thanks for posting the critical offset and tire size info.

GM doesn’t make it public but most of the suspension components in 07-14 & 15-20 (full size suv) are interchangeable by changing from a steel to aluminum knuckle and adding the 2015+ tie rod ends. Some 07-14 SUV actually have the 2015+ all aluminum front suspension from the factory.

GM also adopted the electro servo steering from the 09-13 Hybrid SUV into all other 2015+ full size SUV.
My 2019 Escalade ESV has the stock rims, which according to this, is +31 offset.

I don't know the difference between how offsets work. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that 2021+ PPV rims are +28 offset. Does this mean my rims will not work? I do NOT want to use extra spacers and studs. For me, either this is bolt on (aside from the washers between the caliper and the spindle), or I won't even attempt. I won't be doing any grinding either.

Edit: looks like it won't. Did some research, and it seems that the lower the offset, the easier it is to clear big calipers.

Edit 2: Now I'm confused. I checked my build sheet directly from Cadillac, and it says my rims are option code Q7L, which has a +24 offset, according to this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbower11