Installing heated seats right now - how to get lumbar knob off??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The heated seats installation refers to some other document regarding seat removal... need help getting the side trim pieces off the seat.

OP
OP
S

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, got the lumbar knob off, now working on the wiring... Instructions are very confusing in regards to what plugs into where under the dash. I understand the seat portion...
Any help fellas?

OP
OP
S

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got everything hooked up... The installation instruction stink! Was installing the factory kit in a 11 Tahoe.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
How long did it take you...I want to eventually do this to the front and 2nd row seats...I'm pretty good with installing mods myself, so would you recommend saving the install money and do it myself or go ahead and shell out money to the dealership to do it?

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I'd recommend doing it yourself - I found it to be pretty uncomplicated and in contrast to the OP I thought the instructions were OK, at least for the SUVs (the pickups are more involved). A couple of things to be aware of: you are more or less on your own for running the wiring - the fittings suggest that there is some approved method, but I couldn't figure it out - turned out OK though. The other issue is that if you use the factory door mounted switches, nothing will work until you have the dealer re-program the body computer ($150-200). All told, the result is pretty seamless and I have no regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells