Instrument Cluster Light Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoygs740

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Great forum everyone! Thanks so much for the info.

I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 and would love to do the same to my cluster and ac. Does anyone know what the specific bulbs are used in the 03's?

Thanks for any help!

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cant you just use the housing that they already have? Im not seeing why you need the adapter.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This bulb swap will only work on 2002 and older clusters. 2003 and newer you have to completely take apart the cluster and unsolder the bulbs and solder LED's in their place.

OP
OP
withac

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, I always wondered about different years, looks like you're out of luck Chris. As for our older models you need the housing because the existing housing is part of the light so you remove the light you have no housing. The led's plug right into the new housing and then it just twists in. As far as viewing angle, I seriously think there wasn't a choice back when I did mine, I really don't remember two options, because if there was I would have had the same question. I just found my invoice as well as the little bag they came in, there is no indication of viewing angle so I'm pretty sure at the time they only offered one led bulb so I wouldn't know what was best.

vobarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh, thats lame. I did the cluster mod to my 2001 Buick Regal, removed the tabs, put the LED in, and twisted them back in, no problems.....the housing must not have been part of the bulb....o well, I AM NOT taking this thing apart just to solder in some LED's....i can live without it, its just kinda annoying that they did this, what if you had a normal bulb burn out? Then you would pay someone to solder it in right? that cost a lot of $$$, lame. On a side note, all other lights in the truck are the same, and I put LED lights in everything now...looks pretty tight.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Scotty - where did you order your HIDS from? sorry for post hijacking!

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Oh also, you want the 90 degree bulbs....sorry.

YUKISM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This Forum/Thread is The BOMB!!!
I just did the cluster on my 02' Yuk today,I had my computer in the passenger seat with this thread open,and no problems at all,Super simple.
THANKS ALOT!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts