Intakes - Sceptre vs K&N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric05z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So was the Spectre Performance 9900 Air Intake Kit what someone recommended/??

Just bought my self a black Z71 and I am in the process of adding mods... i had 11 silverado traded it in for my wife to get a new Avalanche then i traded her 08 STS for the Z71 now...

Has been fun adding and changing...

need some help though on what to buy!

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Ceramic coated inside and out, aswell as wrapped in header wrap.
Box is insulated with foil backed fiberglass insulation.
my IAT's dont go over 7+ ambient.
On cold nights I have seen it sub 5* from ambient.

5765c24c.jpg

Dude...that is what I want. WHAT IS IT? Did you buy it or DIY it? If you DIY'd it where did you get the parts from??

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont buy either there both worthless
check this site out http://forums.mightycarmods.com

a cold air intake is not worthless and there are proven dyno results to back it up..more air goes into the engine which means more power..ovcourse if you got more air coming in you also need more fuel which is why when you tune it will give you the full advantage of a CAI

Sho'Tyme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchase the spectre 9900 from advance auto for 149.99 with 15% off on line...pickup at the store...

UNLIMITLESS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw that deal also. Think I will be doing a little install this weekend. Im going to insulate the piping and the box myself. If nothing else I love the "Roar" an intake gives you!

UNLIMITLESS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 8 year old son and I installed the Spectre kit in a less than 30 minutes. Seems pretty well thought out and built decently.
Bought at Advanced Auto with the buy online pickup in store for $150-15%. Only really hear it at 75% throttle or better but the throttle response is better.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceramic coated inside and out, aswell as wrapped in header wrap.
Box is insulated with foil backed fiberglass insulation.
my IAT's dont go over 7+ ambient.
On cold nights I have seen it sub 5* from ambient.

So your intake creates lower the ambient intake air temps? Did i just read that right? You should pitch your idea to some big companies because they would be interested that you broke the laws of physics and you will become filthy RICH! 5* is well within the acceptable error tolerance of a temp gauge, sorry pal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925