Intellilink Screen Flicker - 1 min after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
**** EDIT UPDATE **** The issue still occurs even after software update. Read Additional Post below.

Well to give everyone the good news, a software update has fixed my screen flicker issues.

Now to the details.....

I first reported this Screen Flicker issue to my service department 1 week after purchase back in February of 2015.

In October I opened a follow up case with GM Customer Service asking for an update to the Service Bulitlin PIT5378B, (which was given to me in April 2015 after 3 shop visits that included a complete radio/screen replacement in March). This new GM case representative would not give me any information about the timeline for a fix and kept redirecting me to the dealer.

Based on the fact that my Yukon Denali had been in for service for over 50 days and 8 visits since ownership (February 2015) I decided to pursue a lemon law claim. Arizona recommends that you first file with the Better Business Bureau, which I did two weeks ago. I provided all of my service records and details regarding the unresolved screen issues.

Within 72 hours after filing the BBB claim I received a call from GM Customer Care, this time their demeanor was much different. The representative assured me I would see resolution to my issues.

Two weeks later (Monday Nov 23rd) I received a call from the Service Manager at my local dealer informing me the software fix was ready. Yesterday I dropped the vehicle off and received a couple phone calls that day stating that the software fix was not resolving the issue. One more call later and I was told that GM TAC released a custom update for my VIN to resolve the issue. The update they created was applied to the Park Assist Module, nothing to do with the radio display.

I am going to assume that I was given some type of Beta release for this issue due to my BBB complaint and relentless pursuit of a resolution. The Park Assist Module update version listed in my service paperwork is "WCC A4988". I hope this helps some of you.

I have already gone through a failure of my Onstar system, a center gauge cluster screen failure, tailgate open/close issues, and multiple quality issues with reassembling my dash after so many repair attempts.

I can happily say that my vehicle is now in complete working order. I plan on dropping the BBB claim and moving on to the enjoyment of driving my car.

If anyone has questions about this issue let me know - Thanks, Eric

Last edited:

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Eric. I will use this at my dealership. What is GM TAC?

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well to give everyone the good news, a software update has fixed my screen flicker issues.

Now to the details.....

I first reported this Screen Flicker issue to my service department 1 week after purchase back in February of 2015.

In October I opened a follow up case with GM Customer Service asking for an update to the Service Bulitlin PIT5378B, (which was given to me in April 2015 after 3 shop visits that included a complete radio/screen replacement in March). This new GM case representative would not give me any information about the timeline for a fix and kept redirecting me to the dealer.

Based on the fact that my Yukon Denali had been in for service for over 50 days and 8 visits since ownership (February 2015) I decided to pursue a lemon law claim. Arizona recommends that you first file with the Better Business Bureau, which I did two weeks ago. I provided all of my service records and details regarding the unresolved screen issues.

Within 72 hours after filing the BBB claim I received a call from GM Customer Care, this time their demeanor was much different. The representative assured me I would see resolution to my issues.

Two weeks later (Monday Nov 23rd) I received a call from the Service Manager at my local dealer informing me the software fix was ready. Yesterday I dropped the vehicle off and received a couple phone calls that day stating that the software fix was not resolving the issue. One more call later and I was told that GM TAC released a custom update for my VIN to resolve the issue. The update they created was applied to the Park Assist Module, nothing to do with the radio display.

I am going to assume that I was given some type of Beta release for this issue due to my BBB complaint and relentless pursuit of a resolution. The Park Assist Module update version listed in my service paperwork is "WCC A4988". I hope this helps some of you.

I have already gone through a failure of my Onstar system, a center gauge cluster screen failure, tailgate open/close issues, and multiple quality issues with reassembling my dash after so many repair attempts.

I can happily say that my vehicle is now in complete working order. I plan on dropping the BBB claim and moving on to the enjoyment of driving my car.

If anyone has questions about this issue let me know - Thanks, Eric

And was your flicker constant or able for them to see right there? Mine is intermittent.

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TAC is GM's internal Technical Assistance Center

Yes mine occurred every time I started the vehicle within the first 2 min.

Eric do you have the GM Customer Care contact person and their number? Maybe if I work it from this end they can connect the dots and get mine going.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
Sorry to bring some bad news but the update that was applied last week has not fully corrected the issue. Over the holiday weekend I observed 5 times the screen flickering.

The update appears to have just corrected the issue during startup.

I have reached out to my dealer and GM Customer Care to update them. I will let everyone know what I find out.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
Well I decided to let the issue go in it's current state, it's so intermittent that I have had a hard time capturing video of the flicker occurring. I am sick of starting and stopping my GoPro every time I get in the car.

I closed my BBB case but was told that I could reopen it if the issue occurs more often.

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Eric, can you please give me your BBB case number so I can maybe start one and reference yours because I think that's the only way they will seriously look at our problems. Did you initiate against your local dealership or the main GM location? Otherwise they just count on us letting it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbornlog