Intellilink Screen Flicker - 1 min after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCN57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased my 2015 in October and have the same exact issues with the GMC Intellilink system! Hard to believe that we pay 80k for a new vehicle and have to resort to so much wasted time!!! We have to pursue GMC to resolve this issue for us!! Mine is going back in next week and will continue to be a pest to my dealership until this is resolved.

Kansas Eagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this issue as well, although my flicker is very rare and sporadic. While in for service on a tire issue, I asked about this. He pulled up the GM notes and said that GM acknowledges the issue, but no fix is available yet. They inform the dealer to NOT replace the screen or computer as it does not fix the issue. We are all on "hold" until the figure out a real fix.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've notice this on my 2015i Denali. Usually after a few minutes after I start it. Didn't think much of it until I read this thread. Next service I will make sure to let the service adviser know I have this issue.

JCN57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my Denali back to the Dealer for the 4th time to check on the flickering issue. They re-flashed the system and after the 1st day, it was back. Not sure where to go next? It is sad to see that GMC is not reactive in fixing this problem that has been reported in several 2015 Yukon Denali's . This is very poor service!!! I thought they were proud of their reputation. Does anyone know if this qualifies for the Lemmon Law?

Commander769

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates on this issue? I purchased my 2015 Denali on 12/31/2015 and started noticing the flickering at the bottom of the screen a few weeks after. It usually happens after startup, however I have noticed it randomly as well. I also had instance of the screen going completely black while driving for about 30 seconds. That happened 4-5 times while driving and one the one time. The audio kept working, it was almost as if the screen itself was reloading. I haven't had a chance to take it in yet, but it's going to be hard for the dealership to reproduce the problem as it doesn't happen all the time. More of an annoyance than anything, especially considering the price tag.

Dinabol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2015 Yukon today I noticed that at about 1 min after the car startup the 8" Intellilink Screen flickers twice. It happens every time you start the car. Not sure how to describe it, as if you were to hit the side of a tv and it goes crooked for a second and then comes back to normal. Except I'm not hitting anything.

I will try to capture a video of it today and post for everyone to see.

Is anyone else noticing this issue?
I have a 2015-B that has been having the same issue. Dealer has tried software updates and have replaced the screen. They are trying their best. However, I have been dealing with this for over a year, with no resolution. This is going to take GMC to recognize and resolve the issue on their end, before we see a resolution. Dealers are at a loss, even with video evidence.

Mike_15Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update on this? I have taken my 15 Denali to the dealership 4 times to get this same issue fixed and nothing seems to fix it. Just got it back last week and they said they are waiting for GM to issue a fix for the HMI Module. Wondering if anyone else has heard anything different.

Commander769

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my 2015-B in about a month ago and they did an update to the system and I haven't had any further issues (I had the screen flicker issue and my screen would also go blank for 30 secs) since then, fingers crossed!

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my 2015-B in about a month ago and they did an update to the system and I haven't had any further issues (I had the screen flicker issue and my screen would also go blank for 30 secs) since then, fingers crossed!

We need to know exactly what they did. Can you show us your service receipt so that we can try it with our dealerships?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexSub