Interior Make Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Haven't been on here in awhile, thought I'd chime in on what ive been working on lately. So Ive been wanting to go all blak on the interior for awhile and now the trucks paid off and I got another truck for work I can let the Denali sit in the garage now as a project truck.

My question I had and wanted some of your guys opinions on what you think. I thought about painting some interior parts glossy black and some flat black... I thought it might give it some contrast.

Thoughts?

danniboi

Reaction score
Im doing the same to mine, it's got tan interior, I've got the door panels painted, most of the plastic trim and re-upholstered the headliner in black suede, it makes the truck nice and dark I really dig it. Im using rust o leum matte black bumper and trim paint I really like how that turned out, works well with adhesion promoter and a thorough cleaning with wax and grease remover. If done right I am sure the glossy and matte black would go very well together especiall on the door panels where the door locks are.

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Unless the gloss areas are perfectly smoothed, I'd say stick with the flat/matte.
Why they never put black interior in these things, I'll never know... :whymewhyme:

Sho'Tyme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some of my dash gloss black and it turned out pretty good ...

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fa sho. I like using the Dupi-Color Vinyl paint, cuz a cpl years ago when I first painted the center console lid with I don't remember what paint but if it was hot outside the paint would come off when I rested my arm on it

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tan here as well. Thought about tan suede, then figured all black. Sprayed some flat black looked quite well and looked factory.

But the way i would want it, too much. But interested to see if you guys progress on this.

Im doing the same to mine, it's got tan interior, I've got the door panels painted, most of the plastic trim and re-upholstered the headliner in black suede, .

Any pics?

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tan here as well. Thought about tan suede, then figured all black. Sprayed some flat black looked quite well and looked factory.

But the way i would want it, too much. But interested to see if you guys progress on this.

Any pics?

I'll have some pictures tomorrow. On the flat black vs. glossy black… I used clear coat to help prevent the painted pieces from scratches, but on the flat black it needs a flat clear coat which I think is available. Can't remember. Theme I kinda decoded on was mostly flat black everywhere but then like trim and accent pieces I painted glossy black.

danniboi

Reaction score
I didnt throw any clear on mine, just cleaned with wax and grease remover, sprayed adhesion promoter, let it dry for a few mins, then did about 3 coats.

danniboi

Reaction score
Here are some before and after, I havent really taken many

tyf1.jpg

tyf2.jpg

truckfront.jpg

truckdoor.jpg

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good Daniel.

Seeing it all black, makes me think it needs something to break up the all black. but looks good. Post up the finished pics when you get done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968