iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apple just released iOS 4.2 today and I immediately updated my 3GS. All is back to normal now regarding the USB connection and playback. Charging is still not supported but as long as I can play music I could care less about charging at this point.

Robsieb:

Hope it worked for you.

For me - it works perfectly. I just drove around for about an hour - I think the problem is fixed. The menu on the 2011 touchscreen/Nav unit is quick and responsive and no stalling or drops or pops. Move around the menu and screens very easily and quickly - so am very happy.

Hope it works for you too.

jason_999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
USB and Line In Input on the 2009 Yukon (w'Nav)

Hello from Toronto Canada everyone,
I am new to the site.
I dont have a Yukon yet but am going to check out a 2009 Yukon with Nav and all the bells and whistles this weekend. This would be an upgrade from our Envoy XL SLT.
Anyway saw this thread with the iPod USB issues and was just wondering if anyone knows if the 2009 has a USB port, or at least a Line In?
From one of the other users, its sounds like the 2008 had a Line In but no USB.
Just hope i luck out and its a feature on the 2009's.

Thanks everyone!!

alysLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Many thanks!!!!

I just got my new Tahoe yesterday and was pretty bummed that my iPhone wouldn't play my music thru the USB. I'm so happy I found this thread, and thrilled that I read thru all 104 posts! Thanks, guys!!! I'm sorry you had to deal with it for so long...it was frustrating enough for me just for one day :)

You guys are awesome!

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my new Tahoe yesterday and was pretty bummed that my iPhone wouldn't play my music thru the USB. I'm so happy I found this thread, and thrilled that I read thru all 104 posts! Thanks, guys!!! I'm sorry you had to deal with it for so long...it was frustrating enough for me just for one day :)

You guys are awesome!

Did you update your Iphone to 4.2....and are you now good to go? Since the update I've had zero complaints...knock wood. :) Hope you have the same success.

Enjoy your new truck!

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I upgraded my head unit from non-nav to nav with usb...I just got the cable and port installed today (by me) and nothing works...i have tried two iphone 4's and an ipod nano. This problem is different from any I have read about, could someone please help me out...

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I upgraded my head unit from non-nav to nav with usb...I just got the cable and port installed today (by me) and nothing works...i have tried two iphone 4's and an ipod nano. This problem is different from any I have read about, could someone please help me out...

I can't really help with your issue, but I can confirm that when it is working it works with my iphone 4, Iphone 3gs, ipod video, and ipod nano, Ipad, and Ipad 2.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with GM customer support and a Chevrolet Service Advisor and they are telling me that I would need to update my BCM to get the usb port working...this sounds retarded to me, I would think the head unit controls this. Has anyone gone from a factory unit without usb to a factory unit with usb? What did you do to get it working...should just be plug and play right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003