IPOD Converter Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pepperwoern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Woern for pointing out that I posted my question in the wrong spot...I am looking for any information about installing an IPOD converter in my 2004 Yukon SLT? I've read a few different options but would like to know if anyone's already had this done and if so, could you share the details on how to get this done the right way? Thanks in advance for your time.

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Does your vehicle have xm radio? If it does you can use a scosche bluefusion unit. It is a bluetooth reciever and will also take phone calls if you have an i phone, or im sure any bluetooth compatible phone. If you do and want to go that route, I have one I could let go for a decent price.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Woern for pointing out that I posted my question in the wrong spot...I am looking for any information about installing an IPOD converter in my 2004 Yukon SLT? I've read a few different options but would like to know if anyone's already had this done and if so, could you share the details on how to get this done the right way? Thanks in advance for your time.

My pleasure.

I am sure the guys here on the forum will take care of your issues accordingly.

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the isimple, it takes about 10 min to put in and works great. The best part is it runs the ipod right from the factory head unit, so you can tuck the ipod away in the glovebox.

OP
OP
P

pepperwoern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does your vehicle have xm radio? If it does you can use a scosche bluefusion unit. It is a bluetooth reciever and will also take phone calls if you have an i phone, or im sure any bluetooth compatible phone. If you do and want to go that route, I have one I could let go for a decent price.
Yes, mine has XM Radio (I don't have it activated though) and I know nothing about this but I did just look up the product on the internet? Why would you be selling yours if it works so well? Is this something that I have to have installed by professionals or could a "girl" handle it? :)

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Yes I sincerely believe a "girl" could do it. As for why I'm getting rid of it, I bought an app radio and no longer need it. It is a simple install, more or less plug and play. There is a video or two on you tube about it. Not too tough.

Bs951

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have the isimple. works great with factory head unit and steering wheel controls.

OP
OP
P

pepperwoern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have to do any controlling from the actual IPOD itself with the ISIMPLE or no? Can you send me a model number as there seems to be various renditions of this bad boy and I need to get something going and SOON before I start banging my head against the windshield! Thanks so much for the help!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have to do any controlling from the actual IPOD itself with the ISIMPLE or no? Can you send me a model number as there seems to be various renditions of this bad boy and I need to get something going and SOON before I start banging my head against the windshield! Thanks so much for the help!

Just don't bang the head while driving! Not a good idea. :)