ISO: Wiper arms with splines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
2004 Z71 5.3L
Does anyone know where to purchase wiper arms with the splines in the bolt holes? My truck has a wiper arm post made for splines in the wiper arms, but can't find any arms in retail sites that are built for splines. Any help is appreciated!

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture? I'm thinking your talking about where the arm attaches to the pivot / shaft on the whipper regulator?

Mine are splined... is what confuses me. All of them I've taken off are splined. Maybe you mean somewhere else?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure about later years, but for these the new wiper arms don't come splined -- the hole is smooth. The splines get cut the first time they're installed.

I bought a new OE one a few years back from the dealer and that's what I got.

rzabel

Reaction score
Can you get replacements that will stay up off the glass? The OE wiper arms on my 2003 cannot and it's a real pain for cleaning and snow removal.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you get replacements that will stay up off the glass? The OE wiper arms on my 2003 cannot and it's a real pain for cleaning and snow removal.

You can use earlier year wiper arms. The ones for your truck have a bump in the mount that keeps the pivot point from allowing anything more than a few inches off the glass. Or you could grind down the hump and repaint that part of it.

I picked up some arms off an earlier Suburban but need to paint them before I install them.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You just motivated me to sand and paint my Upull arms, so we'll see how they work in a day or two.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2004 Z71 5.3L
Does anyone know where to purchase wiper arms with the splines in the bolt holes? My truck has a wiper arm post made for splines in the wiper arms, but can't find any arms in retail sites that are built for splines. Any help is appreciated!
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Wipers and Washers section, and look for the exploded diagram of wiper assembly. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I painted the ones I got off a Upull Suburban, 2001 I think it was, and installed them this evening. Here's the difference between the older style and the new (2004 GM OE new on top; note the large hump that stops the arm from being able to get far above the windshield). I can't tell if the hump is solid and you could grind it off, or if that would leave a hole.

20240627_172733.jpg

Other than that hump, there's no difference between the two. The driver's side had two squirters and the passenger side only one.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new arms don’t have splines in them, they get “cut” into the arm the first time you install them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1