Jeg's tune-up kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

619NJ

Reaction score
Ok so I ordered one of these tune up kits for my 99 Yukon w/147k. Anyone use these before and have experience with them? I've always been an AC Delco guy, but with a wire set running $120 and this whole kit going for $140, I couldn't pass it up. I also noticed that AutoZone sells the same Accel tune-up kit for almost $200. Seems like I got a good deal. Hopefull the product is good quality.

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Hi 619NJ,

Was it Accel TST3 super truck tune up kit? I don't personally have experience with it but I didn't see too much favorable reviews in Amazon site - check it out here.
I know these reviews are people's opinions but when I see more negative comments than positive, I tend to think twice about it. Actually, I was surprised to see some of the comments for Accel product.

You can find great prices on parts at Amazon, that's where I usually wind up getting my stuff after shopping around for best prices.

AC Delco cap D329A $34.06
AC Delco rotor D645 $ 7.55
AC Delco Wires AC9718Q $51.47
AC 41-993 Plugs 5.98 x 8 $47.84

Total of 140.92 plus tax & shipping, etc. So, it's couple of bucks more than Accel kit but you're getting all AC Delco stuff.

Wow, wire set for $120? Was that from a dealership?
My MSD 8.5mm super conductor wire set was around 100 IIRC ordered from Summit racing few months ago.

I wish you had posted this question before you ordered it.
If you decide to use the Accel kit, keep us posted how the quality is.

Peace.

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say you also have to account that most people that write reviews will write a Bad review before they will write about a good one

OP
OP
619NJ

619NJ

Reaction score
Yikes well I'm crossing my fingers! That price on the Delco wires was through Jegs actually. I couldn't believe how expensive. I'm going to give the kit a shot and hope for the best...wish me luck. I have a report on Wednesday, that's when I'm doing it

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
I will say you also have to account that most people that write reviews will write a Bad review before they will write about a good one

True that.

619NJ - I only pointed out about the Delco stuff on Amazon since you mentioned you are AC Delco guy and so am I. Accel is one of trusted name in ignition from the past when I was really into hot rodding back in late 70's to 80's, that's why I was surprised to see some of the comment left on Amazon page. But then like Donnie said above.....

Good luck with your project.

Peace

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran an Accel Cap/Coil/Rotor and Wires on my Tahoe, ran fine until I cooked the module. I and still running Accel wires, the 300+ custom fit ones, they were liek $59 at autozone, $89 at Summit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
619NJ

619NJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys :) if things get hairy, I've always got my father to turn to. He is in his 35th year as a Cadillac technician and is GM World Class certified! Can't find better answers anywhere else hahaha!

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Ooooo, lucky you. There's nothing like the family connection.....hey, couldn't your father have gotten you a discount on parts from the dealer?

OP
OP
619NJ

619NJ

Reaction score
Ooooo, lucky you. There's nothing like the family connection.....hey, couldn't your father have gotten you a discount on parts from the dealer?

The discount isn't as great as you would think. It used to be great before the restructuring. But the economy has taken its toll :(

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys :) if things get hairy, I've always got my father to turn to. He is in his 35th year as a Cadillac technician and is GM World Class certified! Can't find better answers anywhere else hahaha!

that's because you have not met me yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou