Jon Caveman's 2015 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bloomfield, NJ * Lewes Beach, DE * Buenos Aires
Maybe instead of rear springs try some rear helper bags in those springs.

I ended up snagging those Airlift 1000 helper bags from Amazon. I'm going to have a shop in Nutley install the heavy duty springs tomorrow, but I went ahead and put the bags inside the springs in preparation. That was one hell of a chore.

IMG_5600.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I ended up snagging those Airlift 1000 helper bags from Amazon. I'm going to have a shop in Nutley install the heavy duty springs tomorrow, but I went ahead and put the bags inside the springs in preparation. That was one hell of a chore.

View attachment 438171
Damn Jon, you're all over the place lol. I used to be around Nutley. I might know the shop--what's the name of it?

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! The ride quality is exponentially better after installing these new rear springs! I guess I didn't realize how worn out the old ones were, and how much that was affecting the ride. It's a night and day difference.

What's more, the front was sitting about 1.25" higher than the rear after installing the Kryptonite leveling kit. But we didn't want to adjust the front until everything else was squared away. But with these new rear springs+air bags, the front is actually about 0.5" lower than the rear! I think it looks perfect now! Soooo happy with it.

IMG_5603 2.jpeg

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We also installed the driver's side short tube header. We did a bunch of work on that side of the motor a couple of months ago. There had been a broken bolt in the head that had to be extracted with a TIG welder. Well, unfortunately we found the same issue on the passenger side, so we were unable to install the short tube header over there. I needed my Tahoe back so I can drive out to Missouri and pick up my MG Midget this week (I do still have the Lifted Tahoe but this Tahoe is just so much more comfortable). So I'm going to leave it like this until I get back from Missouri, then drop it back off at the shop to deal with the passenger side headers next week.

IMG_5602 2.jpeg

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lastly (for now lol), I received my Wolfbox G900 Pro, which I preordered a few weeks ago. My rear window has 5% tint and I often fill the back of the Tahoe with stuff anyway, so I can never see anything with my rear view mirror. This will fix that problem. I'm going to mount it high on the tailgate to give me a good view of my trailers while I'm towing. We're installing this tomorrow before I leave for Missouri.

IMG_5605.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.10.37 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubTX