Just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, have a few ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I look forward to contributing to this forum once I get to know the Tahoe a bit better. Feel free to answer any of my questions below. Thanks!

1. Tahoe has 120k on it and never ran E85. I hear you can run a tank through to clean out the fuel system? Is that going to clog stuff up like the fuel injectors since it never ran it before?

2. I have a cylinder 3 random misfire at idle while monitoring with OBD. Changed spark plugs and swapped wires with another plug but still have it on. Possibly the beginning of a bad coil?

3. Tune or programmer recommendation?

4. One of my door handles seems to be broke off a little. Any write ups on how to fix or replace it?

5. I am getting a some knock retard. Up to 4 degrees while accelerating. Is that normal or what might be causing it?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

I moved your thread to the 07+ area instead of the 00-06.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look forward to contributing to this forum once I get to know the Tahoe a bit better. Feel free to answer any of my questions below. Thanks!

1. Tahoe has 120k on it and never ran E85. I hear you can run a tank through to clean out the fuel system? Is that going to clog stuff up like the fuel injectors since it never ran it before?

2. I have a cylinder 3 random misfire at idle while monitoring with OBD. Changed spark plugs and swapped wires with another plug but still have it on. Possibly the beginning of a bad coil?

3. Tune or programmer recommendation?

4. One of my door handles seems to be broke off a little. Any write ups on how to fix or replace it?

5. I am getting a some knock retard. Up to 4 degrees while accelerating. Is that normal or what might be causing it?

1. I wouldn't waste your money!
2. Switch the coil out with another and see if the skip goes to the other cyl. if it does you got a bad coil. Most likely your problem anyway.
3. BB Tune, everyone here will say the same. don't waste your money on a box tuner. BB is the real deal.
4. Not sure......
5. Probably has to do with bad gas or your cyl misfire.

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I have heard the Black Bear recommendation before. I will probably go with that.

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another question. Does this engine have a serviceable PCV system? if so where is the valve?

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay I swapped the coil and wires but I still get a misfire at idle on 3. Clogged injector maybe?

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I swapped the coil and wires but I still get a misfire at idle on 3. Clogged injector maybe?

sounds correct unless you have burnt valve, or the valve guides are sticking.

How long has the truck had a misfire problem?

OP
OP
A

a_kraker99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds correct unless you have burnt valve, or the valve guides are sticking.

How long has the truck had a misfire problem?

I just got it. I don't think I would call it a problem yet. Just me being picky. It misfires only at idle probably 4 times every 10 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71