just got a 99 escalade and can’t find much info on it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kakomusic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if this is in the wrong thread i can post it somewhere else i’m new here

i just got a 1999 escalade with 170k miles on it, it’s on a lift i’m not sure how high and 20 inch rims with 33 inch tires. i’ve always had smaller sport cars but i’m 6”2 and got tired of squeezing into cars so i got this!

i was wondering where to find aftermarket exterior parts (headlights, taillights, grill etc.) i’m aware that some parts are interchangeable with the other models on the same frame but i couldn’t find specifics and don’t want to but something that doesn’t fit.

everything works great on it for the mileage, has a check engine light but just for an 02 sensor, but that doesn’t concern me a lot. is there any maintenance i should check up on? or anything to try to catch early as i’m hoping to get it to atleast 200k before trading it.

tips or anything to know would be great to hear! i’m completely new to these vehicles so i’m kinda at a loss

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if this is in the wrong thread i can post it somewhere else i’m new here

i just got a 1999 escalade with 170k miles on it, it’s on a lift i’m not sure how high and 20 inch rims with 33 inch tires. i’ve always had smaller sport cars but i’m 6”2 and got tired of squeezing into cars so i got this!

i was wondering where to find aftermarket exterior parts (headlights, taillights, grill etc.) i’m aware that some parts are interchangeable with the other models on the same frame but i couldn’t find specifics and don’t want to but something that doesn’t fit.

everything works great on it for the mileage, has a check engine light but just for an 02 sensor, but that doesn’t concern me a lot. is there any maintenance i should check up on? or anything to try to catch early as i’m hoping to get it to atleast 200k before trading it.

tips or anything to know would be great to hear! i’m completely new to these vehicles so i’m kinda at a loss
I don't know much other than that they are based on the GMT400 chassis and are basically a fancied up Yukon Denali and that 1st generation was made for two years.

They have the L31 5.7 motor and 4L60 transmissions. The GMC Yukon in that chassis was produced from 1991 to 1999, that should help you look for parts.

Whenever possible, try to use GM OE or ACDelco parts as they will be the highest quality and work with the computer systems best without error. If you are going to maintain this, get a Tech-2 or a very good scan tool that can read BCM and ABS codes so you can properly diagnose and repair this thing instead of firing the parts cannon at it whenever something comes up.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This might give you some good info.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

When looking for replacement parts, be sure to include RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, and GMPartsDirect.com in your search. You can also enter your VIN in the latter 2 web sites, and you will be able to find the latest part numbers (some part numbers change over time) for parts for your truck.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

When looking for replacement parts, be sure to include RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, and GMPartsDirect.com in your search. You can also enter your VIN in the latter 2 web sites, and you will be able to find the latest part numbers (some part numbers change over time) for parts for your truck.

be sure to include RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, and GMPartsDirect.com in your search

Thanks for the heads up - I quoted and replied ( this is my low tech way to save the parts links so I can find them in the future when needed )

OP
OP
K

kakomusic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

BB0D3A2F-9532-4C8C-A17E-329062D36BD8.jpeg
here is some pictures of it! thank you for the help, got way more answers than i’ve had on other forums with previous cars.

Attachments

• 943FF88C-7A65-4C3E-9C92-998E2714D30F.jpeg
    943FF88C-7A65-4C3E-9C92-998E2714D30F.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 974DA191-2599-40E2-AC70-6DAAF9F12367.jpeg
    974DA191-2599-40E2-AC70-6DAAF9F12367.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
K

kakomusic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know much other than that they are based on the GMT400 chassis and are basically a fancied up Yukon Denali and that 1st generation was made for two years.

They have the L31 5.7 motor and 4L60 transmissions. The GMC Yukon in that chassis was produced from 1991 to 1999, that should help you look for parts.

Whenever possible, try to use GM OE or ACDelco parts as they will be the highest quality and work with the computer systems best without error. If you are going to maintain this, get a Tech-2 or a very good scan tool that can read BCM and ABS codes so you can properly diagnose and repair this thing instead of firing the parts cannon at it whenever something comes up.
thank you for the help! i plan on getting an obd 2 reader soon as they are always handy to have. i’ve had good luck with ac delco parts

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like has been mentioned most of the mechanical parts should be the same as the pickup and suv of the same year range. there is alot of specific stuff however, like those headlights and turn signals, only possibly shared by the denali. however depending on how badly you are wanting to change things up, there are ways to swap at a minimum of the fenders forward to that of the standard vehicles ( although not sure how the flairs are mounted) not sure without doing research if things like the standard grill/headlight/header are a direct swap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you're missing your rear cargo cover, there's a member here who has one for sale.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
View attachment 361936
here is some pictures of it! thank you for the help, got way more answers than i’ve had on other forums with previous cars.
Nice looking rig for a 22yo vehicle ! And welcome to the forum.

Read that you plan to trade it in after another 30K miles ? You must like paying sales tax more than me, as I keep vehicles routinely for a min of 10-15yrs and currently working on upping that to 20-25yrs with the Yukon I bought back in '07. It has 70K miles or so on it and will soon be hauling a 20' enclosed trailer 3000 miles or so back to the midwest once I sell my house next spring. The harsh Ohio winters and salted roads might be its early demise ... only time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou