Just installed the S&B Cold Air Intake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger0787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed a new S&B cold air intake today. Negative battery terminal was removed at 0830 this morning. The job was completed at 1230 and negative terminal reconnected. Everything looks and sounds OK but I have an orange "dash" in the instrument console for each tire showing no pressure. On my GMC App, I have the picture snap-shot from my phone. How do I get my pressures back. All 4 tires were corrected to 36 actual psig and it still shows this in my GMC App. Screenshot_20240615-164822.jpg

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do you like the cold air intake? Do you notice any difference?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put an Air Raid intake... attached to the stock filter, where the intake is not inside the engine area.

I am confused how a "cold air intake", that gets the air from inside the engine area is .... better ??

OP
OP
ranger0787

ranger0787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like it; when cruising or idling it sounds like factory, when stomping on the gas sounds like I have a Borla installed. I'm going to have a 2nd set of eyes look at my installation though. There is a sensation of something "Loose". For no reason, I'll get a "Growl" like I'm stomping on the gas but at low speed. then it immediately goes away and back to "Cruising/quiet", sometimes noticeable when in around a curve, even when decelerating. It actually is becoming annoying when that happens.

OP
OP
ranger0787

ranger0787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put an Air Raid intake... attached to the stock filter, where the intake is not inside the engine area.

I am confused how a "cold air intake", that gets the air from inside the engine area is .... better ??
One of my inlets is hooked directly to the tube that leads outside the engine compartment directly under the leading edge of the hood. Where I tend to agree with you is there is a 2ndary inlet to the extreme right of the engine compartment that follows a channel that is under the hood. I'm trying to get a head start before dropping a Magnusson and Borla next year.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my inlets is hooked directly to the tube that leads outside the engine compartment directly under the leading edge of the hood. Where I tend to agree with you is there is a 2ndary inlet to the extreme right of the engine compartment that follows a channel that is under the hood. I'm trying to get a head start before dropping a Magnusson and Borla next year.
Considering the CFM at your throttle body.... Your engine can only receive so much air.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Good luck. They sent me a return label and refunded my money due to a never ending check engine light for a P0106. Likely due to the relocation of the MAF. Tried a bunch of suggestions they made, even a new MAP sensor, all for them to tell me, "yeah, we've had this problem, so we'll take it back and refund you."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap