Just joined from Vermont

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Richmond and +1 to everyone saying to get the factory air suspension back up and running. Nothing better on the planet for towing with a big SUV than that setup. I have 2 of these rigs with factory rear air bags and tow a 7500 lb camper.

OP
OP
DollyTheDenali

DollyTheDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcoming replies :)

@wjburken Unfortunate to hear the tire pressure sensor frequency changed between 2014 and 2015. I'll just have to deal with the light until I can get some new sensors in there.

I'm not sure which previous owner removed the air assisted suspension, but I have the "service suspension system" message, and it's definitely been replaced with regular shocks. Is that system worth putting back in? What do people usually remove when they change from air assisted to non-air? It sounds like if I get the air assisted leveling system working again, helper springs might not be necessary, is that correct? I'm towing a race car, and I would bet the car/trailer weigh ~4,500 - 5,000 lbs. I towed it about 300 mi last weekend and the truck felt great plenty of power and brakes were strong, but she was sagging a little in the back. That's what made me think helper springs, but I was unaware of the air assisted self-leveling system that was OEM. I'll start searching around and see what I can find in the suspension subforum.

I'm located in Barre, VT which is "central" Vermont, and yes it gets freaking COLD up here, or at least it used to... The last few winters have been weirdly warm :shrug:

Thanks again for this wealth of knowledge everyone. It's nice to have some positive welcoming vibes on the internet.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@wjburken Unfortunate to hear the tire pressure sensor frequency changed between 2014 and 2015. I'll just have to deal with the light until I can get some new sensors in there.

I'm not sure which previous owner removed the air assisted suspension, but I have the "service suspension system" message, and it's definitely been replaced with regular shocks. Is that system worth putting back in? What do people usually remove when they change from air assisted to non-air? It sounds like if I get the air assisted leveling system working again, helper springs might not be necessary, is that correct? I'm towing a race car, and I would bet the car/trailer weigh ~4,500 - 5,000 lbs. I towed it about 300 mi last weekend and the truck felt great plenty of power and brakes were strong, but she was sagging a little in the back. That's what made me think helper springs, but I was unaware of the air assisted self-leveling system that was OEM. I'll start searching around and see what I can find in the suspension subforum.

I'm located in Barre, VT which is "central" Vermont, and yes it gets freaking COLD up here, or at least it used to... The last few winters have been weirdly warm :shrug:

Thanks again for this wealth of knowledge everyone. It's nice to have some positive welcoming vibes on the internet.
My grandparents lived in Waterbury up until just a few years ago. My Grammy was in an assisted living facility in barre. Know the whole area quite well. It’s gorgeous for sure.

kk1lron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Welcome from Jericho, VT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hinchman3

Latest posts