Just purchased new 2024 Tahoe - USB Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthGeorgia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
New here. I am trying to 'learn' how to do all the things this vehicle can offer. Slow process but I am getting there. Everything seems to work fine except when I insert a USB flash drive that has music on it the vehicle does not recognize it's there????

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can search for in settings or whatever? I'd like to be able to figure it out without having to bother the dealership.....again.

thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Did you format the USB stick drive with FAT32 and not NTFS? This is a common error in formatting, and NTFS won't be compatible with your head unit.

BacDoc

Reaction score
Welcome from Florida!

Can’t help you with USB stick but the apple/android carplay is how I listen to music in my Tahoe. Maybe you can import to phone and listen that way?

Any way, good luck with your new rig!

OP
OP
N

NorthGeorgia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks. My usb/flash stick is what I have used in other vehicles with no problem. It is Fat32. Someone on this forum, maybe?, questioned whether the Google Asst. may be causing the interference? But I have seen no response or remedy to that......if this is the place I saw it????

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
New here. I am trying to 'learn' how to do all the things this vehicle can offer. Slow process but I am getting there. Everything seems to work fine except when I insert a USB flash drive that has music on it the vehicle does not recognize it's there????

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can search for in settings or whatever? I'd like to be able to figure it out without having to bother the dealership.....again.

thanks
You're doing things the hard way. Just use Apple CarPlay with your iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pleong