K&N Intake System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeps the stock look and won't conduct heat as well. I would only get the polished kit if I was planning on doing other things to my engine bay.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07Burb said:
Why's that?

I read a lot about this. Plastic is way better. Polished looks better but this one performs better because it doesn't conduct as much heat as the polished one.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a lot about this. Plastic is way better. Polished looks better but this one performs better because it doesn't conduct as much heat as the polished one.

This makes sense!! Thanks for the explanation:) I've always like the other just cuz of looks but I guess I'll go with the plastic:waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes sense!! Thanks for the explanation:) I've always like the other just cuz of looks but I guess I'll go with the plastic:waytogo:

yep me too. now to make a choice. i'm torn between the volant 15253 CAI or the K&N 63-3058 aircharger intake... decisions decisions...

Last edited:

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how the volant has a box cover... I probably would buy the GM Performance one if it was plastic.

dxbtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does this affect the chevy warranty? I'm in the middle east so upto 55 degrees in the summer any downside?

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with the gm performance it doesnt void the warranty

Stereolab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm considering one of these and I don't understand the difference between the K&N 63 (aircharger) kits and the 77 (air intake) kits. Their web site doesn't make it clear. Can anyone summarize?

Also, which would be better for throttle response at low RPMs? I don't care about added HP at 5500 RPMs...

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering one of these and I don't understand the difference between the K&N 63 (aircharger) kits and the 77 (air intake) kits. Their web site doesn't make it clear. Can anyone summarize?

Also, which would be better for throttle response at low RPMs? I don't care about added HP at 5500 RPMs...

Not sure but according to the specified dyno chart, the (63-3058) air charger gains more HPs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rongomer