Key and spacer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubflex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1407126289911.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407126303431.jpg
Looking at getting a leveling/lift kit, possibly this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IKW5MXA/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_zKU3tb08ECVHB
Are there any preventative maintenance items I should take care of first? Already know I have a bad wheel bearing, should I just have both replaced at the same time? Kind of new to the world of lifted trucks. uploadfromtaptalk1407126477860.jpg my jetta that should be sold soon to pay for more truck goodies.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure your ball joints and CV axles are good and watch your angles once you start turning the keys up to level the front. Don't over do it.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a certain point where the suspension becomes rough, or will you pretty much have a rougher ride just by using the keys?

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning the keys to much can cause you to have a rougher ride because you will begin to stress the OE Components however, some still notice a little different or stiffer ride when using a key and spacer leveling kit. I have a kit for my truck sitting in front of me but won't know how it feels until next Monday when I get a chance to get to the shop and install all the parts.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how much it changes the ride. The stock ride has spoiled me a little bit.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Idler arm, pitman arm, inner and outer tie rod ends, Upper and lower ball joints, sway bar end links. Wheel hubs!

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idler arm, pitman arm, inner and outer tie rod ends, Upper and lower ball joints, sway bar end links. Wheel hubs!

I had to replace ALL of these components after about 10k on lifted keys. They were worn prior however, so I chalk that up to being a routine cost anyway. I run Bilsteins all the way around, and my ride is still fairly smooth.

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to steer you away from your lift kit but for a little more mula, (like 400- 450$) you can get bilstein 5100's which are known to be awesome shocks and then buy the lift coil spacers and lift keys individually. With new shocks, its odd that they are including the shock extenders rather than giving you a shock that is the correct length for the lift. I haven't heard of that company and you might be getting a poor quality shock = a waste of 300$ in that kit.

OP
OP
D

dubflex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's what I thought, but in the description it doesn't list the extenders, and even said "custom valved extended length shocks"