Knock Sensors, 6.0L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the knock sensors in the 6.0L engines, suffer the same problems as the 5.3L?

Looking to change from an Avalanche to a Yukon Denali, and I'm hoping I don't have to deal with the those PITA sensors. :emotions122:

Thanks,
EJ

BTW, 1st post here. Hoping to become a regular. :)

Jdenton13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are in the same spot under the intake so I would say that they do. The only problems I've heard and had is with washing the motor. Once they go bad just silicone the new caps on and they don't have anymore problems.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are in the same spot under the intake so I would say that they do. The only problems I've heard and had is with washing the motor. Once they go bad just silicone the new caps on and they don't have anymore problems.

That's the only time I've ever seen someone have a problem with them is with water getting into them. A customer of mine went through some deep water offroad and the light came on for the knock sensors. Waited a few weeks and once the water dried up the code went away and it's been off for at least six months now.

OP
OP
P

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wondered if the 6L had the space under the intake, like the 5.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q