Leak, passenger front side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got the new belt. It is a 1/4" longer than the one that was on the truck. Other than that, it is equal. I have to check length on driver side. Hope to do this tomorrow.

Mr. 960, where exactly is the notch to be cut?

I need to recaulk the vapor barrier. But issue I have is clearly at front and rear of exterior window belt allowing too much water in at front and rear of door. But especially at front where water falls on harness and slides down to opening in vapor barrier (see pictures above).

on the weather strip around the plastic sill plate.

OP
OP
R

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resolved

So Truck has been out in the rain. So far so good. It has stopped leaking inside passenger side. I have not yet fixed the vapor barrier and will do so once i get door panel apart. But need to replace the clip that window controls clip into. I hope to find the part at some point. or just glue it in.

I think the real issue was the smaller belt and fact that it was not properly going under the mirror gasket.