LED Makeover (Several pics.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder if the bulbs i ordered from japan will ever get here?

dumb question, but does it matter what type of solder you use?

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Um. TAG!

Wow this is exactly what i'm about to do.. great post!

What EQ is that and how much it cost to get put in? That's also on the to-do list

OP
OP
diffrnt

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
i wonder if the bulbs i ordered from japan will ever get here?

dumb question, but does it matter what type of solder you use?

Not really, I picked up a tube from Radio Shack.

Um. TAG!

Wow this is exactly what i'm about to do.. great post!

What EQ is that and how much it cost to get put in? That's also on the to-do list

It's a Clarion and I installed myself.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just started this project last night in my 04 tahoe. got the two rear window switches, the headlight, 4x4, and rear wiper switches done.

working on the driver's side switch, didn't realize that it was screwed down in the front and broke off the front clip. :mad:

it's going pretty good. you just have to take your time and go slow, like diffrnt said.

OP
OP
diffrnt

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
just started this project last night in my 04 tahoe. got the two rear window switches, the headlight, 4x4, and rear wiper switches done.

working on the driver's side switch, didn't realize that it was screwed down in the front and broke off the front clip. :mad:

it's going pretty good. you just have to take your time and go slow, like diffrnt said.

Good deal, vata. Make sure you post up pics when you're done.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, vata. Make sure you post up pics when you're done.

got the drivers window switch all done. actually did it twice, since the first time, i mounted the leds upwards on the board, like they had the stock lights and it wasn't bright enough. so i switched them around and mounted them downwards towards the buttons. way better, although i did have to drill out the mirror control and the 4 window switch light channels, to accept the leds.

one minor problem is that the window lock switch doesn't seem to work anymore. i'll worry about that when i go to replace the switch bezel.

for anyone wanting to do this, it's not that hard. just takes some patience, since it does take a long time, getting everything set just right.

i also just picked up a 7.99 solder iron starter kit from radio shack. working out perfect.

Last edited:

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a problem getting the black box apart, im trying to be careful not to break any of the plastic pieces, is there a trick to it or am i just being too careful and not applying enough pressure.

After i got the d-pad light in my review mirror mirrors they wont move now, anyone know what im doing wrong?

Last edited:
OP
OP
diffrnt

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
I got the front armrest controls out just fine but im having a problem getting the black box apart, im trying to be careful not to break any of the plastic pieces, is there a trick to it or am i just being too careful and not applying enough pressure.

After i got the d-pad light in my review mirror mirrors they wont move now, anyone know what im doing wrong?

When it comes to getting the boxes apart, you have to pry at the tabs that hold them together. It takes a little a force but if you are careful enough you can get it apart. As for the mirror switch, I fixed the resistor where it was align straight in the air alongside the led. You then need to cut the blue cover so the led and resistor can come through. Here are some pics, hope this helps.

Mirror2.jpg
Mirror4.jpg