LED Makeover (Several pics.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Along with what vata suggested, try flipping the led around and make sure the leds are not blown. When I was putting mine in, some of the leds were dead, so I made sure I tested every led with a 9v battery.

did you do your driver's door heated seat switch? i need some pics of the leds on the board to see which way they need to go. the lights are in series and i had trouble getting them all to work.

BigBeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok thanks!
The led works with the resistor on the - side too, but does it matter?

On the rear HVAC (along with the rest of the swiches) how do I know the differance between + and - on the printcard?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks!
The led works with the resistor on the - side too, but does it matter?

On the rear HVAC (along with the rest of the swiches) how do I know the differance between + and - on the printcard?

the led works with the resistor on the - side too? :confused: hmm, anyways a couple ways to figure out which way the leds go. you could take the old bulbs out and then plug in the switch and check each spot with a led and resistor set up to see which way the led will light up. or you could get a 12v power supply and connect it to the + and - pins on the switch and use a test light.

for the switches that are in series, you'll have to find which lead is +, so you can trace the circuit to find out which way each led will go.

hope this helps.

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
came out nice.

btw guys im getting rid of my blue interior LED lights im switching over to red if any one around Denver wants to trade switches before i de-solder them let me know. 02 tahoe z71

BigBeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the led works with the resistor on the - side too? :confused: hmm, anyways a couple ways to figure out which way the leds go. you could take the old bulbs out and then plug in the switch and check each spot with a led and resistor set up to see which way the led will light up. or you could get a 12v power supply and connect it to the + and - pins on the switch and use a test light.

for the switches that are in series, you'll have to find which lead is +, so you can trace the circuit to find out which way each led will go.

hope this helps.

Thanks again!

anybody have any close-up pics of witch way the led's are mounted?

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM/email me if you're still willing to trade. i have an 01 Denali. pretty sure we have the same switches. send me a pic of ur interior to [email protected] thanks man

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

hey diffrnt,
how did you turn you're cluster gauge into blue ? using the same 5mm LEDs ? or what ? thanks

Last edited:

pjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to break the bulbs and pull out the wires that were left behind on most of the switches. The AC controls are able to be desoldered, which makes it easier to get the bulbs out. Do what I did and start with the window switches, in fact start with the rear window switches, they are the easiest. Don't rush and do one switch at a time, no matter how long it takes.

ima do this to.are the leds uv blacklights u use?

OP
OP
diffrnt

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
hey diffrnt,
how did you turn you're cluster gauge into blue ? using the same 5mm LEDs ? or what ? thanks

I have an 02, so mine is basically take out the old bulbs and replace with leds...no soldering.

ima do this to.are the leds uv blacklights u use?

I don't understand what you are asking.

gusgus0513

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was trying to do the rearview mirror switch and no matter which way i soldier the led it doesnt turn on any one have close up pictures?

Last edited:

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
What exact LED's did you use? I want to order them from superbrightleds.com so that I can do this myself.

Also, how do you keep the LED lights on the floor on while the doors are closed?