Let's sift through every square inch of a 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably my biggest overall concern is maintaining stability at high speeds.

Even in stock form, the PPV is a monster on the interstate. I figure the PPV springs are probably pretty well-engineered, and I don't want to sacrafice.

Ugh.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably my biggest overall concern is maintaining stability at high speeds.
Even in stock form, the PPV is a monster on the interstate. I figure the PPV springs are probably pretty well-engineered, and I don't want to sacrifice.
Either they are progressive (beehive?), or typical fixed rate springs.
The shocks have as much to do with maintaining stability; they dampen undulations.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either they are progressive (beehive?), or typical fixed rate springs.
The shocks have as much to do with maintaining stability; they dampen undulations.
I meant, like, they probably made extra sure to use the right spring specs. It's still just a coiled piece of metal, I get it.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I think we need help from a guy like 91ss.
It'd be REALLY helpful to know a lot more about the pertinent details of GM springs.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SHIT!

The Challenger has been at the dealership, so I've been driving the Tahoe for a few days. I've been beating on it pretty good.

I just noticed I have really low oil pressure, like between 10-20 depending on situation, but never getting up to where it should be.

I popped the hood and the engine doesn't sound right. It's all clattery like a diesel.

Already assuming the AFM crap just fell apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sd1999Tahoe